The Head of Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) will lead and manage the Fujifilm Diosytnh Biotechnologies North Carolina RTP site sales and operations planning process to ensure alignment of functions and senior management to delivery of business goals for medium to long term. This role will lead and execute the monthly Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) activities. This role will report to the Head of Program Management with strong connections to Strategic Planning, Sales, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain Planning. The purpose of this role is to align production resources across the site to optimize customer service levels, profitability, and resource utilization. This role will be responsible for the alignment of the RTP site's annual consensus forecast. This role will also develop and implement a Demand Planning capability on the team, a new function at the RTP site.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the site S&OP cycle including running of pre-S&OP and monthly S&OP meetings. Oversight of all on site medium to long term planning systems (not ownership of operational teams). Ensure data generated by functions and programs is suitable for site S&OP. Coaching, mentoring and initiation of improvement projects, where required. Ensure identification, monitoring and reporting of assumptions, risks and opportunities relating to the medium- and long-term business targets. Escalate to Head of Program Management as appropriate.
- Hold appropriate personnel, including site and global leadership, to account for agreed actions for mitigation of risk or realization of opportunities as identified via S&OP. Escalate to Head of Program Management as appropriate.
- Lead S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) process to optimize the value chain relationships across company functions to deliver value and provide transparency to the site leadership team.
- Coordinate and facilitate the monthly S&OP meetings to achieve the demand plan consensus including strategic, product, sales, and marketing activities as well as supply plan balance and constraints/gaps.
- Review that the headcount assigned for each function are appropriate to meet program needs and work with the functions as needed to meet business needs.
- To work with the Commercial Team and Program Managers to ensure Statements of Work are deliverable prior to signature.
- To act as the primary interface with the customer's program manager for all details relating to the delivery program and ensure all actions and decisions are documented and agreed.
- Use of agreed Gantt chart plans, stage gates and risk assessments to identify issues that arise during the course of a program and management of their mitigation / resolution within the time and budget constraints.
- To chair multifunctional working parties to lead business systems changes as required.
- Provide a closed loop connection between stated demand, manufacturing capacity/build plans, and the total revenue plan.
- Manage exceptional demand/sales opportunities with the manufacturing plants to maximize revenues.
- Manage S&OP activities that provide analysis which drive business decisions relative to improving service level, profitability, efficiency and customer service via streamlining processes and cost savings projects (Continuous Improvement).
- Measure, control, and improve S&OP plan accuracy through clearly defined metrics and help drive future decisions.
- Ensure all data generated via S&OP is accurate and timely for site reporting. Escalate to Head of Program Management as appropriate.
- Continually review the S&OP process to ensure it continues to be up to date with current best practice and suitable for business needs.
- Interact with site Tier process and provide appropriate data to support decision making or escalate to Head of Program Management as appropriate.
- Support program related SOW contract processes and Person-In-Plant (PIP) programs.
Any other duties commensurate with the role.
- Master's degree preferably in business, engineering, science, or a related field with a minimum of 8 years' experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations; OR
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business, engineering, science, or a related field with a minimum of 10 years' experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations; OR
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 14 years' experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical; AND
- 5 years of relevant project management experience managing a portfolio of multiple complex programs; AND
- Experience in a cGMP facility or working with FDA regulations
- Certifications in Project/Risk Management (PMI-PMP, PMI-RMP) or Lean Six Sigma and demonstrated practical experience.
- Previous Accounting/Finance/Budgeting experience
- Experience in Six Sigma, Lean, and other problem-solving methodologies.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership skills; Ability to develop strategic relationships.
- Ability to influence senior managers and leaders from across FDB.
- Understanding of S&OP current best practice.
- Demonstrated experience with quality systems.
- Experience in a world class development or manufacturing organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other analytical applications.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills, effectively engaging, facilitating, with the ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Ability to understand complex issues, evaluate them critically, and navigate a goal-oriented Dire process.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills and the ability to identify, assess, and resolve business problems, issues, risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with clients and internal colleagues and stakeholders in a matrixed team environment.
- Experience with ongoing prioritization, risk management and decision making, conflict resolution; integrates customer requirements, contract knowledge and input from functional experts to drive execution, decision making and team ownership/accountability.
- Focused on productivity, efficiency, simplification, right first time in program delivery (meeting customer requirements, cost reduction, growing business).
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure effective and timely completion of deliverables and to ensure the team achieves and maintains a high level of sustainable performance.
- Understand strategic direction and have the ability to apply to appropriate operational decisions.
- Ability to work effectively under extreme pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Work at a desk, workspace or office
- Have some times of prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance at our site to work with other teams and occasionally go into the manufacturing space and gown is required.
- This role would be a hybrid role with expectation of on-site attendance 3 out of 5 days per week.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBUHR@fujifilm.com.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.