AceInfo, a Guidehouse Company is seeking to hire Network Engineer to support our federal project in Boulder, CO. This is a hybrid position. Candidate will be onsite when needed.
Our customer provides a broad range of network and communication capabilities to NWS and other parts of NOAA as well as external agencies. NCEP is responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and system administration for several local and wide area networks. NWS networks interface with a wide variety of partners and customers to support the NWS mission by collecting and distributing raw and processed hydro meteorological data and products. All observational data ingested by NWS systems access through the NWS networks and the network acts as a message switch which routes weather related products to meet our customer’s The successful candidate will be able to provide support for seamless operation and expeditious operational issue remediation accordingly.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will support the installation, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of agency wide-area networks (WANs) and local-area networks (LANs).
- Assist in designing and managing the WAN infrastructure and any processes related to the WAN. Provide Production Support of the Network, including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution client Networks.
- Provide second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Support the dispatch of circuit and hardware vendors involved in the resolution process.
- Support the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. A working knowledge is desirable in various software systems and architectures, communications protocols: and network hardware devices.
- Define, design, plan, and implement LAN/WAN infrastructure changes including cabling, switches, routers, and firewalls, Layer 2 and Layer 3 design, and network configurations.
- Operate and maintain all network hardware and software.
- Plan and execute network migrations, network OS upgrades, network hardware upgrades, firewall implementations and VPN installations.
- Provide in-house technical training to staff on a continuing basis.
- Monitor network activity including, but not limited to, network equipment health, data transfer rates, network connectivity, bandwidth consumption, and security intrusions.
- Create, maintain, and disseminate system documentation and Standard Operating Procedures for network maintenance activities.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve problems with Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) satellite systems.
- Maintain and operate communication devices and services including Network
- Management tools, equipment and software, and telephone support lines (such as the 1-888-OPSnet line).
- Deliver monthly reports concerning network metrics including, but not limited to, network uptime statistics, bandwidth consumption, network link utilization, and outages for both network links and network equipment.
- Configure and operate CISCO Unified Communications server (Call Manager) in support of enterprise wide VOIP Phones and DVTCs.
- Configure Quality of Service (QOS) over a Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network to support classes of service and voice/video traffic.
- Provide the on-call and after hours support as required.
- BS/BA degree in a related area (or equivalent exp), and 6 to 8 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Ability to pass a background investigation for a position of public trust
- Ability to work under general supervision;
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to provide technical oversight or supervision of others.
The proposed salary range for this position is $100,000-110,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors such as geography, experience, certifications, etc.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.