Reporting into the Director of Information Technology, Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to be an integral member of its evolving IT department. The incumbent will be responsible for tasks which will include providing day-to-day technical support to employees for cloud, network, applications and computer infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware within a diverse environment; conducting training programs designed to educate Janux employees on its basic and specialized applications; communicating highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel; recommending hardware and software solutions which may include new acquisitions and upgrades; maintaining passwords, data integrity and file system security for the environment; and supporting all network, server, voice and mission critical services and backups.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware, voice, server, and software products.
- Responds to Help Desk ticketing requests.
- Documents common problems and fixes and provides ticket status updates to IT management.
- Sets up and configures new employees’ workstations.
- Administers Windows, O365, MDM and other services.
- Supports server, network and desktop hardware, software, and applications.
- Provides end user support for all PC- based applications.
- Administers voice systems and conferencing.
- Helps manage JANUX Security Systems and security compliance.
- Performs VPN connectivity set ups.
- Administers corporate backup systems.
- Monitors network access, addresses data security, password generation and file access to forecast potential access risks.
- Performs on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC and network problems for a variety of end users, and recommends and implements corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Research tools and processes to identify usage and capacity troubles as they develop.
- Develops corporate standards for desktop computer software and hardware and conducts reviews to ensure compliance to standards.
- Develops and produces installation documentation for the most complex applications.
- Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems pertaining to Desktop/Laptop computers in a Microsoft Windows/Office environment.
- Performs server administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support).
- Management of Windows Hyper-V environment.
- Supports technology needs analysis by conferring with departmental personnel.
- Participate in On-Call rotation.
- Monitor and respond to system Alerts and escalate issues accordingly.
- Performs other assignments or projects as directed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 3+ years of experience working in an IT environment; preference will be given to those with biotech experience.
- 2+ years previous experience in a regulated environment.
- Experience with:
- Server, Network and Security Systems.
- PCs, tablets and peripherals.
- Web and Cloud Applications.
- Voice, Internet and Cloud Services.
- Technical knowledge of PC, Server, Network and Security systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Skilled at clearly conveying in-depth knowledge to all levels within, and outside of, the organization.
- Skilled at creating a cooperative team environment.
- Able to objectively evaluate situations and make recommendations for changes considering overall project demands.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and stock purchase plan, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance. Relocation assistance is also available.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Relocation assistance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity
Since our inception in 2017, we’ve successfully built an innovative culture that encourages scientific creativity within the bounds of our data-driven decision-making philosophy. This enabled our agile R&D team to efficiently discover numerous novel preclinical candidates: each of our unpartnered pipeline assets was discovered in 2020.
We encourage energetic, scientifically driven professionals to review our open positions and apply to those that match their qualifications.