Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Research Associate to support Nurix’s mission of targeting E3 ubiquitin ligases in the areas of oncology and immunology. The ideal candidate will have expertise in small molecule PK/PD and efficacy studies in oncology and immuno-oncology. This individual will work closely with our drug discovery project scientists on optimization of novel compounds to support identification of lead compounds, evaluate PK/PD relationships, and demonstrate in vivo efficacy. The candidate must be self-driven, organized, able to work well with project scientists, and able to thrive in an exciting environment in a rapidly-growing company.
- B.S. in biology, oncology, immunology, or a related field with 8+ years of relevant experience or M.S. with 4+ years of experience
- In vivo pharmacology expertise with tumor models required
- Excellent hands-on in vivo skills: IV, PO dosing, tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection, etc.
- Experience with PD biomarker assessment desired (e.g. Western, flow cytometry, Q-PCR)
- Proficiency with cell culture preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work productively in a highly dynamic environment
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative; solutions and results-oriented focus
- Strong scientific curiosity and initiative; hands-on and resourceful
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment