ImmunityBio, Inc. is a late-stage immunotherapy company developing next-generation therapies that drive immunogenic mechanisms for defeating cancer and infectious disease. The company’s immunotherapy platform is designed to activate both the innate (natural killer cell and macrophage) and adaptive (T cell) immune systems to create long-term “immunological memory.”POSITION SUMMARYImmunityBio
is developing cell therapy and immunotherapy products that are designed to help strengthen each patient’s natural immune system, potentially enabling it to outsmart the disease and eliminate cancerous or infected cells.We are seeking an experienced IT Security Engineer to help further secure and optimize our enterprise infrastructure. You will be responsible for monitoring, implementing and operationally supporting security efforts throughout our environment. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for security and innovation, who will research and develop new solutions to help protect our infrastructure, users, and data. This candidate should thrive on finding security issues and eradicating them. With focuses that range from large scale DDoS, detection, security tool development, defense against internal and external attacks there are great opportunities to push your skills further while having a significant impact for the enterprise.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Iterate security posture to better protect against attacks and detect new vectors
- Participate in efforts to mitigate and investigate security incidents
- Evaluate and test new vendor and in house network initiatives for security issues
- Evangelize security practices through cross functional work with engineering teams throughout the enterprise
- Safeguard the enterprise through active operation and defense of critical infrastructure
- Experience researching, building, and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors
- Experience designing and building out application and network security monitoring to aid in detection or forensic investigations
- Background in intrusion detection, security investigations, and incident response
- Deep understanding of MITRE ATT&CK Framework and associated threat actor techniques
- Experience “threat hunting”, i.e. using threat intel to proactively and iteratively investigate these potential risks and finding suspicious behavior in the environment
- Experience investigating data for anomalies in order to identify suspicious behavior
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM), provisioning user accounts and access
- Solid understanding of SIEM tools (LogRhythm, Splunk, Etc.)
- Have understanding of ITIL, Zero Trust, HITRUST, ISO 27000 series frameworks
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or comparable experience in Computer Sciences, IT, engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in IT preferred
- 3+ years of experience in IT Security/Cyber Security preferred
- Certifications a plus but not required. CISA, CISSP, CompTIA CySA+/CASP+/PenTest+, GIAC, CEH
- Experience with Windows and Linux preferable
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Use of ticketing systems, working within Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and good documentation habits
- Good communication skills with end-users
- Willingness to work with teams to solve complex technology and business problems
- On-site, hybrid or remote work may be allowed occasionally with manager approval
- May occasionally be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
ImmunityBio is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. ImmunityBio may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.