Summary of the Position
The incumbent is responsible for receiving and processing USPs global customer quotes and orders on a daily basis for USP products which include 3800+ Reference Standards, and publication products. The Customer Service Representative responds to customer inquiries via email, phone, and fax, as assigned by Customer Service Management. Resolves problem orders and investigates and documents complaints from customers. Responsible for assisting domestic and international customers with complex order and fulfillment processes. Responsible to manage Orders and other customer service responsibilities. Ensures maximum goodwill with all customers, and processes orders and responds to inquiries within 48 business hours by following USPs Customer Experience Goal Standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Answers daily customer correspondence via telephone, email, and efax from international and domestic customers. Provides order assistance and product information.
- Assists customers daily with the full order cycle, from quote and order entry into the ERP system to fulfillment.
- Creates and sends Pro-Forma Invoices, quotes prices, and advises customers of product availability.
- Meet daily targets of Order, Query and Quotes as assigned by CS Leadership.
- Works with Distribution to coordinate the movement of products and shipments.
- Verifies compliance with US Export regulations for EAR/ITAR/IRS items, and ensures compliance with established Economic Sanctions regulations.
- Verifies compliance with Environmental Protection Agency such as EPA (Ozone Depleting items).
- Investigates and resolves problems and complaints of varying complexity regarding fulfillment (claims, lost shipments, back-orders, as well as erroneous, damaged, or lost shipments).
- Handle Quotes/Orders with Special Importing Requirements
- Build sustainable relationship of trust through open and interactive communications.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with customers and working to establish a positive rapport with them.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Documents customer feedback and complaints regularly as Service Requests in Oracle ERP system so that issues can be analyzed and resolved.
- Identify and communicate trends that impact the customer experience in their day to day operations with Customer Service Management.
- Maintain updated knowledge of all company products and services to provide adequate education to customers.
- Contribute towards creation of Customer Service Training Documents.
- Assist Team Management with initiatives and projects as required.
- Assists customers with USP Webstore registration and order issues/questions.
- Helps translate and/or review translated documents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of three (3) years customer service, order processing or related experience.
- Fluency in English required.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may substitute. Bachelors degree is a plus.
- Proficient use of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Able to work flexible hours when needed. Required to work a scheduled shift beginning at 8:30
- Call center experience consumer or B2B customers.
- Typing speed should be minimum 70 words per minute.
- Oracle ERP knowledge is desirable but not required
- Salesforce (CRM) is preferred
- Familiarity with Ariba or other EDI processes is desirable but not required
- Strong focus and proven ability to foster a great customer experience.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Exceptional multi-tasking ability while handling large volume of work with firm deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills, problem solving skills, and attention to detail required.
- Excellent time management and effective decision- making skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Previous experience and proven track record for managing a high volume of email and phone calls.
- Strong telephone skills, typing ability, accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to establish and nurture relationships with individuals of varying backgrounds.
- Maintains composure and enthusiasm in stressful situations.
- Exceptional team skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment and to escalate issues as appropriate.
- Familiarity with import, export, customs, and business with other countries.
- Prior experience in Pharma/Life Sciences/Chemicals/ Analytical Instrumentation would be preferable.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
The following COVID-19 provisions will apply to selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with United States Pharmacopeial Conventions (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Customer Service
Job Type Full-Time