At GreenLight we are working to solve two of the world's greatest problems: global food insecurity and equal access to vaccines and the associated health benefits. Unlike most corporations who can be required to put profits ahead of other principles, GreenLight is one of the first Public Benefit Corporations to be publicly traded and have a charter that requires a focus on how it benefits its employees, community and society and has a broad portfolio addressing key issues in plant health and human health (Nasdaq: GRNA) by leveraging the full potential of dsRNA and mRNA. The GreenLight team is over 300 people across our headquarters in Medford, MA, an R&D facility in Woburn, MA and an R&D facility in Research Triangle Park, NC. GreenLight also has a biomanufacturing plant in Rochester, NY. Initiatives include finding ways to support biodiversity, protect bees and other pollinators, treat rare diseases as well as develop vaccines.
At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to address humanity’s challenges, meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to everyone—paving the way for a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.greenlightbio.com.
The position will be responsible for developing the global brand and launch strategy for a range of new RNAi-based crop and bee-protection products. You have gained a solid reputation for developing successful branding strategies for unique proprietary products in the main specialty crop markets of Europe, Asia and North America. Your strong technical understanding of fruit, vegetables and other specialty segments enables you to understand and identify grower needs across the globe. You are looking for a new and unique opportunity to hone your skills internationally with a new technology in a rapidly growing market segment.
- 5+ years product or product marketing and branding experience in specialty agricultural products
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of the main specialty crops and crop protection segments across the globe
- Passion for understanding growers and building solutions around their pain points
- Project management experience and skills for effectively directing and overseeing current and new projects
- Knowledge and experience working with the variety of market intel sources in the crop protection industry and the ability to generate strategic and data driven insights
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
- Enjoy working cross functionally with the ability to understand and effectively work with early stage researchers, product developers and sales colleagues simultaneously, possibly from experience in sales
- BA/BS degree in an agricultural related field,with evidence of academic and extracurricular excellence
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, German or French a plus
- Help build and grow product brands that are meaningful to farmers and the food and ag value chain around the world
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis, identify opportunities to grow GreenLight’s business with farmers and distribution
- Key voice in setting GreenLight’s product strategy for specialty portfolio; set goals and priorities for different markets, identify market fit and risks, and drive product success
- Act as marketing representative on Project teams as assigned to support GreenLight product development from ideation to launch
- Develop and execute marketing and launch plans
- Develop data metrics; monitor, analyze and act on analytics; generate periodical internal reports; and communicate with multidisciplinary stakeholders on status, performance, and outlook
- Develop business cases for assigned pipeline projects, including market analysis, and financial projections
- Understand product supply and product availability to achieve the work plan for assigned products
- Understand market dynamics, opportunities, and trends to define the sales forecasts and provide guidance on volume and pricing
- Responsible for launch of new products including product enhancements, brand extensions and expansion into new market segments
- Travel up to 35% of the time to visit growers and farmers across the globe
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GreenLight requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees.