HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate Software Engineer
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will:
- Develops and delivers robust technology solutions in a regulated environment by collaborating with business partners, IS colleagues and service providers
- Authors documentation for technical specifications and designs that satisfy detailed business and functional requirements
- Works closely with business and IS teams to find opportunities
- Responsible for crafting and building end-to-end solutions using cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon Web Services and Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Cognos, Tableau and Spotfire) or any other platforms
- Chips in towards design and rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) development efforts for automated solutions that improve efficiency and simplify business processes. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Ensures design, development of software solutions is meeting Amgen architectural, security, quality and development guidelines
- Participates in Agile development ceremonies and practices
- Write SQL queries to manipulate and visualize data using data visualization tools
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The hard working professional we seek is a Developer with these qualifications.
Masters Degree OR
Bachelors Degree plus 2 years of software engineering experience
Associate degree plus 6 years of software engineering experience
High School Degree / GED plus 10 years of software engineering experience
- Experience and proficiency with at least one development programming language/technologies such as Database SQL and Python
- Experience with at least one Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos, Tableau or Spotfire
- Solid understanding of Mulesoft and ETL technologies (e.g. Informatica, Databricks)
- Understanding of AWS/cloud storage, hosting, and compute environments is required
- Understanding and experience with Agile methodology and DevOps
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task on several projects simultaneously
- Expertise in visualizing and manipulating large data sets
- Willing to learn new technologies
- High learning agility, innovation, and analytical skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.