We are a fully integrated AAV engineering and gene therapy company spun out of the Gradinaru lab at Caltech, pioneering the next generation therapies with life-changing potential for patients with grievous unmet medical needs. Our pipeline harnesses the transformative power of advanced molecular and sequencing technologies to engineer adeno-associated viral capsids for efficient and specific delivery to therapeutic targets throughout the body.
We leverage our proprietary high-throughput, data science driven AAV engineering platform to create viral vectors with cell-type and tissue level specificity, overcoming many of the biological limitations of early gene therapy efforts. Combined with our in-house preclinical and manufacturing expertise, we are positioned to create the next generation of AAV delivered gene therapies, dramatically changing the lives of patients.
We are founded on the idea that diverse backgrounds and skill sets combine to create an environment that stimulates innovation and creativity, enabling us to grow into a leader in the gene therapy space. Our leadership team is comprised of the scientific founders that developed the underlying intellectual property, and experienced industry veterans with a track record for bringing transformative drugs to market. Our research and development labs, offices, and manufacturing space are located in Thousand Oaks, California, near the Amgen campus.
Associate Director of Finance
The Associate Director, Finance will focus on supporting our Discovery, Research and Development related departments. This role will oversee forecasting and accounting for the aforementioned departments and support other finance related activities where needed.
The ideal candidate is forward thinking, organized, a multi-tasker with strong interpersonal skills and who will share our commitment to professionalism and hard work in a harmonious, start-up environment. The position is seen as a leader in the Company.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepare forecasts (and presentations) for the research and development (R&D) related departments and present to internal clients.
- Assist with the preparation, management and review of Board of Director presentations.
- Analyze the Company's financial results with respect to financial trends, costs, and compliance with R&D budgets.
- Work with internal clients and other team members to understand cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Develop key financial models and issue ad hoc financial reports to senior management.
- Ensure that R&D records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of certain journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- 7 plus years of accounting, forecasting and financial management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Experience working in a growing start up environment preferred
- Demonstrated experience in forecasting, financial modeling, accounting and associated analytics
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Collaborative mindset, experience working as part of a group to achieve company goals.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn, grow, and contribute to team-wide efforts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/360 (e.g., Excel, Word, and Outlook) are required
- Familiarity with drug development a plus
- Experience with Planful a plus
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Experience with Coupa a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
The well-being of our employees and their families is of the highest importance. As such, we offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits, including generous stock options, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and significant PTO.
Additionally, we offer:
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Social lunches, happy hours, and other events on a regular basis
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.