Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Exploratory Neuroscience group is looking for a highly motivated Research Scientist with expertise in hiPSC modeling and cell engineering. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a dynamic and fast paced group that is focused on the discovery and development of PROTACs to treat neurological diseases. This position is laboratory/wet bench based and requires strong experimental technique, molecular biology and/or induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) differentiation experience, the ability to deliver quality data in a timely manner from high throughput cell-based assays, and work effectively with team members in support of small molecule drug discovery efforts. Data analysis and interpretation is required, as will be method development where appropriate.
This position reports to the Senior Research Investigator and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot disease-relevant cell-based functional assays, independently and in collaboration with colleagues.
- iPSC differentiation protocol development and optimization.
- Production, quality control, cryopreservation, and delivery of disease relevant iPSC-derived cells across programs.
- Cell line generation and engineering using lentiviral and CRISPR-based methods.
- Molecular biology, including standard and multi-fragment cloning. PCR, virus production.
- Routine biochemical techniques (ELISA, Western blotting, etc.).
- Document, compile, and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner.
- Interact and collaborate with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression, present data at regular team meetings.
- Experience with iPSC differentiations required. Disease-relevant functional assay development strongly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of molecular biology and cloning techniques.
- Experience with cell maintenance, propagation, lentiviral transduction, and cryopreservation.
- Strong communication skills, capable of independent and collaborative work.
- Open to constructive feedback, and freely asks questions.
- Interest in applying analytical and statistical methods to cell biology.
- Ph.D., BS with 8+ years, or MS with 5+ years in biology, neuroscience, or related field.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer