Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
The Cell Screening group is seeking highly motivated individual with expertise in Pharmacology and Cell Biology to Nurix. The successful candidate will be responsible for cellular assay design and development as well as planning, execution and analysis of these assays to support discovery portfolio across the company. The individual will be a key member of the cellular screening team and generating critical cell lines and data package to support the progression of lead molecules into clinic. This individual will work closely with scientists from cross-functional disciplines and present the Cell Screening team to present data and interpretation to project teams. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, highly organized, highly detail oriented, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment.
- B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related field with 5+ years of relevant industry experience or M.S. with 3+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience with executing and analyzing quantitative medium-to-high throughput cellular assays to support small molecule drug discovery (e.g. BRET-based assays, luminescence assays)
- Extensive hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture
- Experience in assay development, optimization and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with data analysis and publishing tools and using electronic notebook
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing
- Excellent in data presentation and communication to scientists across levels and functions
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication
- Experience in lab automation, liquid handlers and semi-automated workflows is a strong plus
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
Nurix is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Nurix will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.