The Senior Statistician provides statistical expertise to support clinical studies in the research and development organization. The candidate works independently in partnership with experts in multiple disciplines to advance medicines to our patients.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Provide expertise to design, analysis and reporting of clinical trials or other scientific research studies. Independently develop protocols and/or statistical analysis plans (or product safety analysis plans/integrated summary of safety analysis plans/analysis plans for GMA evidence generation) with details for programming implementation. Implement sound statistical methodology in scientific investigations.
- Identify scientifically appropriate data collection instruments. Identify and report data issues or violations of study assumptions. Provide programming specifications for derived variables and analysis datasets. Partner with Data Science in preparing for database lock.
- Independently perform statistical analyses as per the analysis plan. Collaborate with Statistical Programming to ensure the delivery of high-quality outputs according to agreed-upon timelines. Identify and anticipate issues arising in the study design, conduct and propose scientifically sound approaches. Evaluate appropriateness of available software for planned analyses and assess needs for potential development of novel statistical methodology.
- Develop strategy for data presentation and inference. Collaborate in publication of scientific research. Ensure accuracy and internal consistency of reports and publications, including tables, listings, and figures. Ensure that study results and conclusions are scientifically sound, clearly presented, and consistent with statistical analyses provided.
- Work collaboratively with multifunction teams. Clearly explain statistical concepts to non-statisticians. Provide responses to questions, and pursue analyses suggested by data. Support communications between assigned product team(s) and functional management. Build/drive cross-functional relationships and collaboration.
Level will be based on education and years of experience.
- MS (with 4+ years of experience) or PhD (with no experience) in Statistics, Biostatistics, or a highly related field required.
- High degree of technical competence and effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to perform statistical computations and simulations
- Able to identify data or analytical issues, and assist with providing solutions by either applying own skills and knowledge or seeking help from others
- Able to build strong relationship with peers and cross-functional partners to achieve higher performance. Highly motivated to drive innovation by raising the bar and challenging the status quo
- Pharmaceutical or related industry knowledge desired, including experience and understanding of drug development and life-cycle management in the regulated environment.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.