HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like your part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Security Sr MgrLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Senior Manager, Security will be an integral member of Amgens Global Security Team and will report to the Director of Security for this new manufacturing plant located in New Albany, Ohio, near the capital city of Columbus. This vital role will provide strategic planning and direction, as well as tactical management guidance and tools to ensure that standard methodologies are employed to protect physical assets, proprietary information and personnel. This includes development and implementation of risk-based asset protection plans, management of internal and external resources and alignment with key collaborators. In addition, this position requires strong communication and decision-making skills and the ability to work independently with minimal direction as well as to work effectively with external government and public safety related agencies and organizations.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing multiple information sources to identify security trends. Determines vulnerabilities and recommends efficient solutions.
- Leading the development and implementation of security processes and programs.
- Managing or participating in the development and/or implementation of security policies, standards and procedures. Provides consultation and interpretation of established security policies, programs and practices.
- Leading and/or supervising work focus teams, complex projects, investigations or programs.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with external public safety, governmental and law enforcement agencies.
- Conducting or coordinating internal security investigations at the direction of the Legal and Human Resources departments.
- Leading and participating in the development of emergency response and disaster plans.
- Running the company photo ID, proprietary lock and key and access control programs and CCTV system.
- The access control responsibilities include visitor/contractor control, all badging processes and the oversight of technical services relating to both installation and maintenance of security hardware and software.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek possesses these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Corporate Security and/or Public Sector experience
Masters degree and 4 years of Corporate Security and/or Public Sector experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Corporate Security and/or Public Sector experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Corporate Security and/or Public Sector experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Corporate Security and/or Public Sector experience
- Senior-level experience in the global security environment that includes strategic responsibilities in the Life Sciences industry.
- 5+ years of private and/or public sector experience in security.
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to build cohesive and successful teams
- Ability to build strategic partnerships within the organization to deliver results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and effectively present information.
- Ability to translate strategic directions and guidance into tactical plans, processes and tools to achieve strategic outcomes
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.