Associate Director, IT Virtual Desktop & Application Services
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Gilead makes it a priority to increase access to its medicines for people who can benefit from them, regardless of where they live or their economic status.
The Associate Director, IT, Virtual Desktop & Application Services will be responsible for leading, managing and coordinating the delivery of VDI and Virtual Application services. In this role you will provide technical leadership for the team and guide service road mapping and strategic planning for VDI and Virtual Applications services. You will also support budgeting activities for the unit and provide oversite and management of key vendors. You will partner with Infrastructure peers and engage internal and external stakeholders at various levels in pursuit of providing consistent and reliable services for Gilead users.Key Accountability
- Manage, develop and maintain strong relationships with service providers, vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Manage day-to-day operations of cloud and on-prem VDI Infrastructure systems to meet availability and reliability requirements.
- Ensure compliance with established security, quality and compliance rules and policies.
- Track and facilitate on-time compliance activities across the team.
- Collaborate with various teams on projects, escalations and troubleshooting efforts.
- Develop and track metrics for operational success.
- Work with managed service vendor and internal team members to design and implement service improvement plans based on established metrics and KPIs
- Collaborate with project managers and PMO resources to provide accurate estimates and commitments
- May be required to travel to other sites domestically and internationally.
- Work cross-functionally as a key contributor toward the overall success of the teams' service delivery.
- Other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position
- Associate's Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Master's Degree and Eight Years Experience OR PhD and Two Years Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of management and leadership experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience supporting VDI and virtual application services (e.g. VMWare Horizon, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Amazon Workspace, Amazon AppStream)
- Experience working in a regulated environment with knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), 21 CFR Part 11, Annex 11, and other regulatory requirements required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience designing and supporting cloud-based solutions.
Gilead Core Values: Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a Agile or DevOps environments.
- Lean Six Sigma certification required.
- AWS certification strongly desired.
- Citrix certification (CCEE or CCIA).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Progressive IT leadership experience with emphasis on Infrastructure systems, design, deployment, and mature service models such as ITIL.
- Large enterprise mindset, rigor, discipline and attention to detail.
- Experience supporting and delivering virtual desktop (VDI), virtual applications and application layering technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with designing and implementing metrics and measurements.
- Experience leading the management of complex projects in a matrixed and outsourced environment.
- Experience with managed service provider operating model.
- Strong verbal communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people, translate business needs into technical solutions, and deal with controversial topics with sensitivity and persuasion skills.
- Previous experience in Bio-Tech or Pharma.
Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Teamwork (Working Together)
Excellence (Being Your Best)
Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.