AltPep is seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist for our diagnostic program to help develop first-in-class, life-changing diagnostics for Alzheimer’s Disease and other amyloid diseases. Applicants should be:
- Ready to contribute fully to an enthusiastic, determined, collaborative team
- Eager to learn new approaches & techniques and apply their scientific knowledge in novel ways
- Meticulous in their experimentation, yet able to flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to take on new challenges, even in areas that are unfamiliar to them
- Focused on the human objective: early diagnosis and treatment for patients and a sense of urgency as part of a dynamic, committed team.
- Contribute and/or lead significant components of Alzheimer’s Disease diagnostics development, optimization and testing from late phase development through clinical trials.
- Assist in developing diagnostic tests for other amyloid diseases on AltPep’s platform
- Generate reference reagents and proteins
- Define quality control specifications and calibration curves
- Perform stability testing
- Strict adherence to protocols for sample management (inventory, labeling, and handling)
- Design, execute, and interpret multiple studies to be carried out by self and others
- Author and review technical reports, manufacturing documents, regulatory submissions, peer reviewed publications, Intellectual Property submissions and publications
- Motivate and support others, setting clear goals and expectations
- You may lead a project or initiative involving other contributors. You may supervise the activities of more junior personnel and be responsible for driving the development of those employees
- Desire to work in a fast, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Contribute to the development of a diagnostic kit meeting FDA standards
- Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical, engineering, bioengineering or related field
- PhD and at least 3 years of relevant industry or postdoctoral experience (5+ years to be considered for senior scientist position).
- Deep knowledge of peptide/protein chemistry, structures, and interactions. Strong in analytical, organic, and physical chemistry techniques.
- Good understanding of analytical and conformational protein characterization (including LC-MS, CD, polarimetry, and functional assays)
- Experience with assay kit development
- Experience with ELISAs, cell culture, handling human samples, protein structural studies, analytical techniques, statistical analysis of results, pharmaceutical formulation, assay optimization
- Specific experience in tackling neurodegenerative diseases is a plus
- Experience working with the FDA through the regulatory process involving medical devices is a plus
- Experience working on a successfully approved diagnostics program is a plus
AltPep is a dynamic biomedical startup in Seattle that offers a competitive compensation package, including equity incentives, as well as a benefits program designed to support the well-being of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, and group life insurance.
AltPep is an equal opportunity employer with the desire for diversity of all types. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.