DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
- Installs and optimizes hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites.
- Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems.
- Performs maintenance and repairs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance.
- Completes timely, insightful and accurate service reporting in the service software
- Manages the service and support of a customer install base within a region but at times will cover other territories
- Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business.
- Delivers fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software.
- Trains other field engineers and customers in the company’s system products.
- Provides user-oriented and service-related inputs to ongoing and new development projects.
- Bachelors within the science field -- e.g. biomedical engineering, analytical biochemistry, biotechnology or similar is highly preferred
- 4+ years of experience in a similar position and/or experience as an end-user of analytical instrumentation
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience or expertise with Laboratory Automation solutions (eg. pipetting robots, electronics and linear actuators) and systems involving reagents and consumables
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem solving Customer service and solutions-oriented, with capability to precisely document issues, root cause analyses, troubleshooting experimentation and resolutions/repairs.
- DNA Synthesis Experience, or Utilization of Synthetic Oligos in a biochemical application.
- Extreme flexibility and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel extensively including overnight travel as dictated by business needs
- Remote Job based in California, preferably near San Francisco. Requires 75% travel to corporate offices and client sites throughout California and other parts of North America.
- Start date: Immediate
- Health, Dental, Vision. Company pays 95% of premiums for employees and dependents. We have lots of plans available including HMOs, PPOs, HDHPs, etc.
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Other employee-funded plans including pre-tax commuter, HSA, and FSA
- Mental health support with Sesh
- Competitive parental leave policy