AM Technical Solutions (AM), founded in 1994, is a proven and licensed architecture, engineering, and construction firm bringing innovative solutions to the Biopharma industry to help in the fight to save lives. Our knowledge and expertise in high-tech spaces combined with our culture-first mentality allows our team to deliver the entire scope of work for high-tech construction projects on schedule, on budget, and at the level of quality required by customers. AM Life Science being an integrated part of AM Technical Solutions brings new energy and ideas to an ever-changing industry. Our team is comprised of motivated, intelligent, capable and qualified individuals who design, execute and manage projects and programs that implement risk-based approaches utilizing scientific data and justifications to align with the regulatory and industry standards. AM Life Science takes pride in our accuracy, efficiency, and integrity, which translates into cost and time savings for our Clients.
Facilities/Utilities/Project Engineer (cGMP Pharmaceutical)
AM Technical Solutions is looking for a Senior Utilities Engineer to work with a pharmaceutical client in the Boston, MA area. This candidate will be responsible for overseeing utility system installation; participating in start-up, commissioning and qualification for a new building project. Ideal candidates should have strong experience with clean and plant utility systems including but not limited to WFI, Clean Steam, HVAC, and other related utility systems.
AMTS has opportunities throughout the country and overseas supporting multiple locations in MA, NH, RI, NC, Europe, and other locations.
Direct Involvement Opportunities:
- Assist in the generation of a field commissioning and qualification execution schedule to minimize resources required, integrate with construction schedules and maximize system turnover efficiency.
- Develop and peer review commissioning and qualification test protocols and summary reports.
- Work with the Construction Manager to appropriately sequence the turnover of systems to commence commissioning activities, including coordination of the close out of punch list items.
- Coordinate system completion walk-downs.
- Train in qualified document system(s) for document control of qualification protocols, change controls and functional specification documents.
- Support generation of inspection and test plans for equipment, including approach to integrated FATs and leveraging of testing.
- Execute Commissioning and Verification as well as support daily construction activities.
- Coordinate with site engineering department to schedule utility system shutdowns, tie-ins and system startup.
- Help to develop predictive and preventative maintenance program for site utility systems.
- Participate in equipment submittal reviews to help ensure compliance with Project contract documents.
- Support all commissioning and qualification activities on the project.
- Review turnover packages and ensure that the documentation is accurate and complete and meets specifications.
Qualifications, Skills, And Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- 7+ years of relevant experience including similar positions on large capital projects.
- Must have experience with leading mid-to-large capital projects for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of production support and building utility systems including, but not limit to, WFI, Clean Steam, Process Gases, HVAC, Plant Steam and Pumped Return Condensate, Process Liquid Waste, Process Chillers, Cooling Towers, and associated operating systems (PLC and BAS/BMS).
- Experience in new facility start-up, large scale equipment package vendor management, and FAT execution and coordination.