We are currently searching for a Biospecimen Repository Technician to aseptically process, aliquot patient biofluids, store in freezers, and file in in-house catalog system, ship samples as needed. Assist in the development of new biomarker assays and equipment (ELISA, flow cytometry, RT-PCR, Western blotting, new technology, centrifuges, computer catalog). Assist in maintaining lab stocks, hazardous waste disposal, and safety equipment maintenance (eyewashes, etc.). Maintain written and electronic records, update and discuss with laboratory personnel. Collect, organize, and interpret data from assay development experiments. Attend meetings and communicate with research teams of physicians and nurses. Present data and findings to clinical and laboratory research staff meetings. This is a full-time, on-site opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine experiments and tests, including cell culture, cell separation, protein handling and extraction, and quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Work with staff to cover glassware washing, media preparation, and autoclaving.
- Ensure that adequate clean inventory is available for immediate usage.
- Follow established procedures and protocols; utilize aseptic technique to perform experiments.
- Process and organize multiple samples simultaneously.
- Work with a variety of routine and specialized laboratory instruments and equipment in the laboratory.
- Ensure that all specimens and equipment necessary for experiments are available and in good order.
- Store new samples, update database, retrieve samples with proper authorization.
- Work with staff to implement storage and distribution of biological samples for future scientific research.
- Convey and discuss research results with team lab members.
- Update and maintain written laboratory record of the work.
- Work with staff on the maintenance of laboratory logs and databases.
- Draw conclusions about the results as related to the ability of the experiments to answer the questions posed.
- Ensure that supplies and consumables are ready and on hand as necessary for maximum efficiency in the laboratory.
- Monitor and inventory routine laboratory supplies; ensure that supplies are stocked and organized.
- Plan and organize requests for basic and extraordinary laboratory needs for supplies and consumables.
- Order and maintain laboratory supplies, reagents, and equipment.
- Perform laboratory maintenance tasks, including scheduling liquid waste container pickup.
- Coordinate general laboratory maintenance, including equipment upkeep and calibration.
- Prepare reports and summaries; prepare data for presentation at laboratory meetings.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data; prepare summaries and reports based on results and findings.
- Assist in troubleshooting and calibrating various laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance on and generate maintenance reports for equipment.
- Provide one-on-one and group training related to safety standards on usage and disposal of chemicals and reagents.
- Train new laboratory members in the correct use of equipment, application of techniques and laboratory protocols.
- Engage in problem solving as required to solve technical difficulties and to ensure steady progress, with a goal of providing high quality experimental data suitable for publication.
- Develop and assist in new assays for application based on requests from investigators.
- Troubleshoot issues with technical procedures; utilize trial and error methods customize protocols to the biological systems utilized in the laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Miscellaneous Biology, or similar disclipine
- At least 3 years of experience
- Preferred, Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Preferred, Biosafety Level 2 (BSL 2)
- Aseptic technique
- Cell culture
- Inventory management
- Equipment maintenance
- Manuscript writing
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR), qPCR, RT-PCR, RT-qPCR
- Nucleic acid extraction
- Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- MS Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.