HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate Scientist - Immuno-Oncology ResearchLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen Oncology Research is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist to join discovery research project teams in Immuno-Oncology group. In this vital role you will explore new area of research, innovate new technologies and act as an integral member of our discovery research team, collaborating with scientists in multi-functional areas at Amgen, and contributing to Amgens drug development pipeline and to publications and patents.Position Responsibilities
Enable the discovery, validation, and mechanistic understanding of novel cancer immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Support immuno-oncology discovery research projects to develop novel immuno-oncology therapeutics.
- Independently design experimental strategy, execute laboratory-based experiments, analyze data, and communicate and present data in team and departmental meetings.
- Stay up to date with relevant literature and incorporate recent advances in relevant fields into experimental design and execution.
- Publish experimental findings in top-tier journals.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Masters degree and 3 years of scientific experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications
- PhD degree or PhD candidates (near completion) with research experience in the field of immunology, cancer biology, and molecular biology.
- Demonstrate expertise in T cell biology, immunology and/or cancer biology as evidenced with publication in high impact journals and/or patents.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in one or more of following areas: multi-color flow cytometry, primary immune cell culture, complex cell-based assays, mRNA transfer/viral transduction to T cells, and synthetic biology/genetic engineering of T cells (highly preferred).
- Direct experience with T cell-targeted therapy development (e.g. CAR-T, TCR-T, bispecific antibodies, targeted protein degradation, or small molecules) is a plus.
- Direct experience with preclinical animal models of various tumor types, designing efficacy/PD (pharmacodynamics), and/or adoptive T cell transfer is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effectively prioritize and execute next steps with efficient time management.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.