Freenome is a high-growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
The Clinical Informaticist, RWD role will join Freenome’s cross-functional Real-World Data strategy team and support various aspects of developing and maintaining regulatory and product-grade data curation pipelines. With your passion for data integrity and knowledge of standard ontologies and data models you will help turn EHR, claims, and other RWD sources into high-quality, analysis-ready data sets used across the organization..
These efforts will contribute to the development and commercialization of a portfolio of early cancer detection products that will enable payers, providers, and patients to catch cancers early when curative intervention is most achievable.
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries for real-world evidence (RWE) studies and other product development and commercialization efforts.
- Collaborate with our computational science and clinical teams to define data requirements, reconciling research needs with real-world data collection practices and utilization
- Execute RWD curation efforts, including data mapping, cleaning, and structuring, to create analysis and product-ready datasets
Your background, perspective and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Healthcare Informatics (or closely related field)
- At least four years of experience in clinical informatics, including experience with:
- EHR and claims data
- Applying RWD to clinical research, preferably for diagnostic, medical device, or therapeutic product development
- RWD across multiple disease areas
- Deep knowledge of ontologies commonly used by health systems and payers, including ICD-10, HCPCS, CPT, LOINC, RxNorm, SNOMED, and their rollups to support data discovery and analysis
- Proficiency in SQL, and familiarity with R and Python preferred
- Experience with terminology browsers and authoring tools
- Strong organizational skills and a deep appreciation for semantics
- Familiarity with the OMOP CDM, as well as its standard vocabularies
- An entrepreneurial and solutions-oriented mentality, you are comfortable with ambiguity, are self-directed, and have outstanding problem-solving skills.
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
# # #
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.
#LI-Remote, #LI-Onsite, #LI-Hybrid