The Scientific Account Manager will develop strong relationships with Virscio’s current and future customers to ensure long-term revenue growth. You will be responsible for maintaining a client-focused approach to understanding current and long-term preclinical needs to enable a robust and growing pipeline of RFPs. You will collaborate with Management, Business Development, Scientific Subject Matter Experts (SME), Proposals and Contracts, Project Management, other cross-functional departments to ensure overall customer satisfaction and attainment of company goals.
· Efficiently manage and build relationships with existing and prospective clients to drive client engagement and opportunity development to achieve annual revenue objectives.
· Partner with cross-functional scientific leads to define client study needs and corresponding statements of work (SOW) to advance the RFP process to contract.
· Follow up with prospective clients to ensure that all outstanding proposals are complete and meet their needs.
· Maintain Virscio’s CRM system to ensure accurate pipeline forecasting, and reporting of lead-to-contract conversion rates while maintaining a consistently high customer engagement and service level.
· Qualify and respond to RFI and RFQ inquiries submitted via marketplace platforms like Assay Depot/Scientist.com, Science Exchange & other platforms for requests.
· Interact with scheduling and/or project management groups to ensure collaborative tracking to service initiation and assist with scheduling needs as required.
· Collect voice-of-customer feedback, including complaints, and report to the commercial and/or operational teams for further action and timely resolution.
· Perform all other related duties as assigned
· 2-5 years of prior scientific and/or business development experience required
· Bachelor’s degree in science required; Master’s or PhD preferred
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and an excellent team player who can work well independently or collaboratively
· Experience in contract research organization (CRO), life science, and/or biotechnology industry experience required.
· Prior experience with Salesforce is required; Experience in customizing to business requirements is high desired
· Highly motivated, self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent customer service focus (internal and external customers).
Location New Haven, CT; remote work possible depending on qualifications
Virscio offers a competitive, flexible, and comprehensive benefits package that can be customized to fit your personal needs. Virscio’s benefits offering is designed to support the holistic wellbeing of our employee community and their families by providing affordable healthcare related coverages, retirement savings plan with immediate vesting, and a wide range of voluntary benefits for financial protection and peace of mind. Additionally, we offer a Culture of CARE where your health, well-being and gratification in career pursuits is our top priority.
Our commitment to you is a culture of care and support in which you feel engaged, empowered, and passionate about the work that you perform while working collaboratively and with empathy towards others.
Virscio is bridging the translational gap with critical research on solutions to significant unmet health challenges. Every day, our community brings their best selves to their work to advance this initiative. Join us on our journey and become part of our caring community.