- Protocols: Direct development of statistical designs and analysis procedures for scientific protocols, ensuring they are scientifically sound, aligned with project strategy, meet regulatory objectives and make optimal use of the data to be collected. Ensure statistical analysis plan is methodologically sound and consistent with objectives of the protocol. Assist in developing project and functional standards of data collection and analysis, and implement these standards.
- Database Activities: Collaborate with Data Sciences, Statistical Programming and other stakeholders to ensure data collection instruments and database implementation meets short and long-term project needs. Contribute to data monitoring plans. Develop and implement project-specific data standards. Ensure accuracy and consistency of data released for statistical analysis.
- Statistical Analyses: Demonstrate extensive understanding of statistical concepts and methodology. Propose novel statistical methodological approaches leading to improvement in the efficiency and sensitivity of study results. Provide sufficient detail to allow programming implementation. Ensure that all statistical analyses specified in scientific protocols and analysis plans are conducted appropriately. Determine need for development of novel statistical methodology.
- Reports and Publications: Ensure that study results and conclusions are scientifically sound, clearly presented, and supported by statistical analyses. Prepare oral and written reports to communicate results. Represent Data and Statistical Sciences on project issues at management review and project team meetings. Provide in-depth statistical review for scientific reports and publications. Ensure the accuracy of the statistical component of scientific reports and publications with high quality.
- External Engagement: Act as the liaison for statistical and operational issues on AbbVie collaborative studies with outside universities, government agencies, steering and/or data monitoring committees, joint ventures, CROs or licensing activities. Build external scientific contacts which foster professional development and promote the reputation of the department. Work with Director to build relationships between DSS and outside investigators and medical/scientific experts.
- Project Team Involvement: Partner with Clinical and Regulatory to create development strategies for assigned project. Represent department on project team(s) to provide statistical input to compound/drug development and align with functional management. Lead communication between assigned project team(s) and department to ensure timely communication of project team updates, proper statistical strategies, and alignment of decisions/priorities between the project team and functional management
- Regulatory Activities: Ensure that all applicable regulatory requirements for work processes are met. Critically review regulatory submission documents. Participate in discussions with regulatory agencies as needed. Validate external statistical software to meet SOPs and regulatory requirements.
- Compliance: Compliant with applicable corporate and divisional policies, procedures and cultural values. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and working practices relevant to managers and the Statistics function. Ensure compliance with department standards, GxP and best operating practices for staff and self. Complete all assigned training on time.
- MS (with a minimum of 10 years of experience) or PhD (with a minimum of 6 years of experience) in Statistics, Biostatistics, or a highly related field.
- Broad knowledge of, and compentence in, statistical methodology (including experimental design, descriptive statistics, inferential statistics, statistical modeling, and statistical programming) and experience in applied statistics/statistical consulting.
- At least 10 years (MS) or 6 years (PhD) of experience in pharmaceutical development. Understanding of global regulatory requirements. Experience interacting with regulatory agencies highly desirable.
- Management experience highly desirable for people managers.
- Expertise in statistical methodologies such as predictive modeling and inference, machine learning methods, mixed effects models, multivariate analysis, etc.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.