The Corces Lab at the Gladstone Institutes(www.CorcesLab.com) is looking for a project manager to lead multiple large-scale genomic profiling studies aimed at understanding the epigenetic and genetic contributors to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases. This position will require a relatively unique mix of project management, personnel management, and hands-on science. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, individually motivated, and comfortable training and managing other team members. These funded projects involve generation of single-nucleus transcriptomic and epigenomic data from postmortem brain samples from hundreds of individuals. As such, a familiarity or desire to become expert in these technologies is expected. In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to work in an academic environment while maintaining a high degree of autonomy. The candidate is expected to become a central member of the lab, participating in laboratory meetings etc., but will also be given freedom to hire, train, and direct members of the team. In this capacity, it is expected that the candidate will also perform bench work on a daily basis. Though not a requirement, the level of scientific knowledge and maturity inherent in this position would befit a candidate with PhD-level training. The minimum expected time commitment for this position is 2 years, allowing sufficient time to start, execute, and finish the first planned projects; however, this position can be longer term with opportunities to grow and establish new research directions over the years.
Daily responsibilities include:
1) Management of a small team (~2 direct reports)
2) Bench work, including tissue processing and sequencing library generation
3) Organization of tissue and biomolecular databases
4) Organization of sequencing data and coordination with computational biologists
5) Participation in regular lab meetings and activities
- 7+ years of related experience for
individuals with a BS/BA
- 5+ years of related experience for
individuals with a MS/MA
- 0 years of related experience for
individuals with a PhD (PhD preferred)
- Or an equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought. Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should attach (1) a short description of past research experiences, (2) a description of reasons for interest in this position, and (3) a resume/CV/biosketch.Additional Information:
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.