Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company and aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy.
We are currently seeking a passionate, highly motivated, and experienced leader for the position of Senior Manager/Associate Director, External Reporting located at our Brisbane office. This individual will be responsible for preparing SEC filings (10K, 10Q, 8-K, and Section 16 Reporting and Proxy Statement), other governmental and statutory filings, as well as assist in technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards and complex accounting transactions. In addition, support the development and maintenance of company-wide accounting policies and perform accounting research, including the assessment and implementation of new accounting standards and the evaluation of the accounting for non-standard transactions. This position reports to Sr Director, SEC and Technical Accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the preparation of Forms 8-K, 10Q, section 16 reporting and Form 10K, Proxy Statement including drafting financial statement footnotes and MD&A.
- Responsible for coordinating completion of, and maintaining supporting documentation for, all areas of external reporting.
- Maintain SEC reporting calendar and coordinate review process with key stakeholders.
- Interact with Accounting team members to understand financial transactions impacting financial reporting disclosures.
- Perform technical accounting research as needed and prepare memos documenting conclusions and proper accounting treatment. Interact with external auditors with respect to accounting conclusions reached.
- Manage preparation of the Company's stock based compensation expense and EPS calculation.
- Assist in the preparation of sox documentation and audit schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Critical focus on continuous process improvement initiatives that enhance the efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting.
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial standards and internal controls across a global organization.
- Independently analyze and evaluate accounting issues and financial transactions for compliance with applicable accounting rules and SEC regulations and assist with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and interpretations.
- Responsible for the preparation of the XBRL tagging of consolidated financial statements and footnotes.
- Prepare US GAAP and SEC disclosure checklists.
- Prepare and review other periodic SEC documents, including, but not limited to Forms 8-K and Proxy Statement.
- Coordinate with Investor Relations to review earnings releases, earnings scripts, and investor presentations.
- Manage communications with external auditors on financial reporting, control environment and key accounting decisions specific to Myovant.
- Assist with internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley related activities.
- Lead special projects when assigned
- Demonstrate communication and collaboration skills with an ability to effectively manage and influence stakeholders in a matrix environment
- Exercise sound judgment in making decisions
- Results-driven, take initiative and ownership to accomplish work
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to efficiently provide high-quality work.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and embrace change in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- Strive for continuous improvement and embrace innovative ideas in daily work
- High degree of organizational awareness, ability to connect the dots to understand interdependency in a bigger picture Strong commitment to a team approach, and awareness of team and individual success dependencies
REQUIREMENTS (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of combined public accounting and biotech/pharma industry experience, including at least 5 years in industry preparing SEC filings for a public company.
- Hands on experience with Workiva is preferred.
- Hands on experience with detail XBRL tagging is required.
- Experience managing equity programs is preferred.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, as well as the ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate accounting and reporting issues.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
The well-being and safety of our employees is our top priority. Myovant Sciences strongly encourages all employee to get vaccinated, if eligible, however Myovant Sciences is not requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity