HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Sr. Packaging Engineer Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will utilize physics, engineering and chemistry principles coupled with advanced and diverse materials science understanding and principles to assist in the evaluation, design, qualification and implementation of Primary and Secondary Packaging components and the associated systems such as packaging design, equipment, and processes development.
The position falls within 2 different categories NPIs (New Product Introductions) and LCM (Life Cycle Management), also supporting global supply, launch, partnerships / acquisitions, combination products and devices.
This role reports into the Package Engineering group under Combination Products Operations in Amgen Thousand Oaks (ATO), CA., but will be located in Amgen Manufacturing Limited (AML), Puerto Rico site.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluation, recommendation, and selection of new primary and secondary packaging materials for both large and small molecules product.
- Assessing complex problems relating to materials, recommending, and implementing solutions.
- Technology transfer from clinical to commercial or from site to site for packaging components and equipment processes.
- Write test protocols, perform technical evaluations and submitting technical assessment reports to justify the use of selected materials
- Representing Final Product Technologies as required
- Lead and present new packaging ideas, concepts and design ideas to the Product Development team
- Ensures that change control procedures are followed working with QA and Regulatory to implement changes
- Participants in Pre-Approval Inspections (PAI) and interact with regulatory bodies (e.g., FDA, EMEA, etc) as needed.
- Collaborates with multi-functional teams (i.e. Research, QA/QC, Supply Chain, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.) in pre-commercial and commercial activities and maintain the collaborative relationship with these and others partnering organizations.
What we expect of you
We are all different! Yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Principal Engineer professional we seek is a collaborative individual contributor with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree in Engineering
Masters degree in Engineering & 3 years of engineering, manufacturing and/or operations industry experience
Bachelors degree in Engineering & 5 years of engineering, manufacturing and/or operations industry experience
- Academic background in Packaging Engineering, Material Science or Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Key Material knowledge of the structural components and chemical properties of glass/ceramics, rubber, polymers, metals, lubricants, adhesives, inks, varnishes, and paper.
- Strong knowledge of common materials used in pharmaceutical primary and secondary packaging
- Understanding of manufacturing fill/finish equipment and processes and how materials interact with these.
- 7+ years of packaging engineering experience in a site and/or corporate engineering environment, with specific specialized expertise in operations and packaging design for Fill Finish.
- Understands operational aspects of Biotech, Pharma and/or medical devices industries.
- Strong communication, relationship building, leadership and mentoring skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (writing and presentations) in English.
- Excellent organizational, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to work in teams and adapt to rapidly changing environment.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.