Summary of the Position
The Communications Specialist will support the Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+) (https://www.usp.org/our-impact/promoting-quality-of-medicines) program, a cooperative agreement between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the United States Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) (https://www.usp.org). The goal of PQM+ is to strengthen health systems in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) by improving medical product quality assurance systems and expanding the supply of quality-assured medicines and medical products. This position will support the program under the leadership of the Senior Communications Manager. This person will work closely with PQM+ headquarters staff and country teams to produce high-quality products that capture the programs achievements and raise its visibility.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with PQM+ technical and country teams to identify and develop a variety of materials, including social media posts and newsletters, to clearly explain and highlight the programs activities and impact.
- Develop social media posts with strong visuals. Create graphics using Canva or similar software for posts.
- Schedule posts for Twitter and LinkedIn via Hootsuite to optimize reach and views. Monitor audience engagement and report analytics to inform strategies to expand PQM+s reach and grow our audience.
- Update the PQM+ website with new content, including visuals. Liaise with USPs Web team to ensure the site aligns with standards.
- Assist with the development and implementation of program events, such as webinars, meetings and presentations.
- Design and format newsletters, invitations, and other materials for electronic distribution.
- Update and maintain the programs photo library.
- Support a variety of communications tasks as needed. Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure the program achieves its communications goals.
- Build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Coordinate with consultants and USP operations staff as needed.
- Ensure communications products comply with PQM+, USAID, and USP requirements and meet quality standards.
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Health or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience developing and producing a variety of written and digital communications materials and content.
- Proven experience (at least 2 years) developing social media posts, including visuals, and scheduling them using a social media management platform (i.e., Sprout Social or Hootsuite) in a professional setting.
- Excellent writing skills. Professional experience writing success stories, newsletters, or similar content.
- Experience using Canva or similar software (i.e., Adobe Photoshop) to edit photos and develop visuals and graphics.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Constant Contact, MailChimp or similar software for newsletter creation and distribution.
- Professional experience using email marketing software such as Constant Contact in a professional setting. Ability to format content, including visuals, using the software.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and pay close attention to detail and quality of materials. Well-organized with demonstrated multi-tasking skills.
- USAID or USAID-funded program experience strongly preferred.
- Proven experience using a content management system (CMS), such as Drupal or Wordpress, in a professional setting.
- International health or global health experience training and background.
- Overseas experience, including Peace Corps service.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The following COVID-19 provisions will apply to selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with United States Pharmacopeial Conventions (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Technical Programs
Job Type Full-Time