About Mission Bio
Mission Bio is a high-growth, well-funded Series C company based in South San Francisco, California. Our mission is to enable our customers to eradicate cancer. We do so with our innovative microfluidic system that is the leader in the high throughput single cell, multi-omics space that is used by major cancer centers and pharma / biopharma companies globally to better characterize cancer as well as providing solutions to accelerate therapeutic development, such as the future standard of care in cell and gene therapy.
We are a dynamic and diverse team. We live by the culture of “One Cell One Team One Vision”. We are collaborative, we are driven, and we are curious.
We are looking for a highly motivated Accounting Manager or Senior manager who will bring strong technical accounting knowledge, experience improving and automating close and reporting processes, and handling various audit and compliance activities. You will report to the Corporate Controller and will have the opportunity to hone and apply your accounting skills in a way that will not only allow you to develop new skills but also grow within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day general ledger accounting activities including cash, investments, fixed assets, accruals, leases, debt, and stock-based compensation. Knowledge of revenue recognition is a plus
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for internal and external reporting
- Support our annual audit by providing requested schedules, researching items as needed, and summarizing findings
- Identify and implement automation to reduce manual processing and improve internal controls
- Manage technical accounting matters including preparation of technical accounting memos and supporting analyses is a plus
- Manage other accounting projects as they arise
Education and Experience:
- Ability to perform independent accounting research and documentation of accounting issues
- Strong sense of integrity, responsibility, and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiatives
- Intermediate to advanced level experience in Excel required
- Knowledge of NetSuite or Oracle ERP is a plus
- 5-8 years of progressive accounting experience, including a fast-growing start-up or publicly traded company
- CPA certification
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business
- Tier 1 public accounting firm experience strongly preferred
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer medical, dental and vision insurance, pre-tax commuter options and a 401(k) plan for all US employees.
- Flexible working hours: We offer unlimited vacation for you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self at work.
- Training and professional development: Your manager will work with you to define objectives for your professional development and help you progress in your field.
Mission Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.