About Mission Bio
Mission Bio is a high-growth, well-funded Series C company based in South San Francisco, California. Our mission is to enable our customers to eradicate cancer. We do so with our innovative microfluidic system that is the leader in the high throughput single cell, multi-omics space that is used by major cancer centers and pharma / biopharma companies globally to better characterize cancer as well as providing solutions to accelerate therapeutic development, such as the future standard of care in cell and gene therapy.
We are a dynamic and diverse team. We live by the culture of “One Cell One Team One Vision”. We are collaborative, we are driven, and we are curious.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is an on-site and hands-on position who will ensure product quality and on-time delivery in a start-up reagent manufacturing environment. This position will also contribute to the continual improvement of processes and documentation, communicate results and escalate issues with higher level management.
The ideal candidate must be a quick learner and team player, highly motivated and detail oriented, have in-depth understanding of industry manufacturing operations and lab techniques, have good communication skill and great decision-making ability, have ability to adapt and thrive in working at a fast-paced, dynamic and supportive environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become fully proficient and familiar with all production operations according to defined procedures and ensure integrity and quality of products; and maintain laboratory to cleanroom standards
- Draft, review and maintain accurate and detailed documentation of all manufacturing batch records, SOPs and work instructions under ISO requirement
- Execute production build plan by scheduling and assigning staff to production work orders, establish priorities, monitor progress and be flexible to changing priorities and schedules
- Troubleshoot and mitigate unexpected complex and/or any commonly seen issues occurred during production builds
- Exercise good judgement and make quick and appropriate decisions during urgent situations
- Monitor process workflow and identify areas of process inefficiency/malfunctions; work with cross functional teams and initiate and implement process improvement solutions
- Lead and delegate scale up, process improvement action items and monitor progress
- Ensure manufacturing deliverables in a timely manner in the support of NPI projects and product launches
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending actions
- Coordinate and establish staff training to ensure staff proficiency in performing their job duties
- Accomplish manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations and by planning and monitoring their job results
- Conduct regular 1:1 communication with manufacturing associates and develop staff growth opportunities
- Monitor resources and production labor efficiency; make recommendation and execute hiring plan as needed
- Review and investigate high dollar production work order variances and provide explanations
- Able to work outside of regular work hours / work a flexible shift as needed
- Working knowledge of ERP System, BOM and routing set up and inventory control in Manufacturing or QC environment.
- Good understanding of DNA sequencing, PCR or other nucleic acid based technologies and/or relevant experiences
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Good documentation skills and ability to write procedures and reports
- Good communication skills and ability to work with direct staff and cross functional groups and maintain good working relationship
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and function well in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, or related software
Education and Experience:
- S. or M.S. in one of the following disciplines – Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant laboratory experience in a Life Science, Diagnostics or Pharmaceutical manufacturing or QC environment
- 1 – 3+ years of supervisory experiences in Life Science, Diagnostics or Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing or QC environment working with standard production control tools – MES, LIMS, JMP a plus
- Relevant certification in project management (PMP) and/or production and inventory management (APICS) a plus
- Experience with operation of liquid handling robotic system a plus
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer medical, dental and vision insurance, pre-tax commuter options and a 401(k) plan for all US employees.
- Flexible working hours: We offer unlimited vacation for you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self at work.
- Training and professional development: Your manager will work with you to define objectives for your professional development and help you progress in your field.
Mission Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.