Baebies is a medical device company that develops and commercializes newborn screening and near-patient testing products for children and adults to enable early disease detection and comprehensive diagnosis. Guided by the vision that “everyone deserves a healthy start," our mission is to save lives and make lives better for all by bringing new technologies, new tests, and new hope to children, parents, adult patients, and healthcare professionals worldwide.
The Staff Scientist will participate in product development projects to add new molecular diagnostic assays to the growing portfolio of test solutions offered on the Baebies FINDER platform. The Staff Scientist will supervise and assist junior scientists in the planning and execution of studies focused on the development and optimization of new molecular diagnostic assays.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop new molecular diagnostic assays (PCR/RT-PCR) on the proprietary digital microfluidic platform
- Optimize assay design and reagent formulations using DOE tools and rigorous analytical studies to achieve desired levels of performance across various analytical metrics
- Derive solutions for technical challenges imposed by system constraints and provide data driven direction and guidance to junior scientists
- Plan and execute design verification and validation studies as part of the product development process
- Establish product specifications and critical design characteristics
- Collaborate closely with operations and product support teams on design transfer activities for new products
- Design and execute complex experiments, collect and analyze data, and summarize reports to meet project, department and company objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g., Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemistry, Biology and Genetics) with 8+ years of relevant industrial experience, OR
- Master’s degree in related field with 6+ years of related work experience, OR
- Doctoral degree in related field with 4+ years of related work experience
- Must have experience designing and developing molecular diagnostic assays
- Prior experience in in vitro diagnostic product development in an FDA-QSR and ISO13485 compliant organization
- Proven ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- Experience using data analysis tools like MATLAB, R, Python, etc. is preferred
Ability to work in a biosafety level 2 lab environment
Long periods of sitting, computer work, laboratory bench work
Scientist I, II, III
Compensation & Benefits
Baebies offers a dynamic and welcoming work environment surrounded by intelligent, driven, and creative people. Guided by the vision that “everyone deserves a healthy start”, our team is devoted to our customers and to advancing technology in early disease detection and comprehensive diagnosis. At Baebies, we look for people who are innovative, dedicated to our mission, and constantly striving to improve the status quo.
In addition to competitive, market-driven compensation, Baebies provides a comprehensive employee benefits package including:
· 100% employee premiums for Medical & Vision coverage
· 100% employee and family premiums for Dental coverage
· 401K Matching
· Stock Options
· 4 Weeks PTO
· 14 Paid Holidays per year
· Paid Employee Life Insurance
· Onsite free gym membership & classes
Discount Pet & Legal Insurance
Fertility & Family Support
· . . . Much more!
Baebies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES, PLEASE.