The Shipman Lab at the Gladstone Institutes is seeking a Scientific Project Manager to join our team. We develop molecular biotechnology to overcome challenges in the understanding and treatment of human disease. The person in this position will manage the most translational projects in the lab that span the interface between academic science and industrial application, including project management focused on achieving milestones in genomic medicine.
This is an exciting opportunity to shepherd academic biotechnologies into applied medicine. Candidates should be comfortable with platform technologies, building and managing teams, and considering market opportunities. This senior scientist would have the opportunity to join a new company that spins out of the lab or remain with the lab over a longer period of time. Rigorous scientific standards and exacting organization are critical.
Considering applicants on an ongoing basis.
To apply, send a cover letter and CV.Qualifications
- PhD and 3+ years postdoc or professional experience
- Expertise in molecular biotechnology and high-throughput experimentation, with demonstrated track record of success
- Experience managing teams and budgets
Gladstone Perks & Benefits:
- People: work with talented, committed, and supportive teammates within an organization that values each member of its community.
- A meaningful place to grow and learn: whether it’s your professional skills or scientific knowledge, we have the resources and environment to advance either so you can better support Gladstone’s mission: to drive a new era of discovery in disease-oriented science and to mentor tomorrow’s leaders in an inspiring and diverse environment.
- Healthy work/life balance: you are highly engaged and productive at work because you can have time to recharge and enjoy a vibrant life outside of work.
- Compensation: competitive salary and vacation.
- Excellent benefits: generous medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, and commuter benefits; access to free shuttle transportation.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.