AMTS is looking for a proven Senior Construction Project Manager with a strong understanding of the lifecycle related to facility design and construction of biotech/pharmaceutical, semiconductor, chemical plant, and various industrial facilities. This individual would be responsible for the monitoring, reporting, and controlling the cost, schedule and quality of the construction activities and will assist in managing multiple client-side projects related to tool install/demo, lab fit outs, office renovations, and/or cleanroom/vivarium(s).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing, coordinating, and administrating specific areas from the Construction Document Phase through Turnover and Closeout.
- Establish and maintain site safety that meets company and site requirements.
- Monitor and direct construction activities to ensure that costs and schedule are consistent with the project budget basis and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Assist in developing procurement strategy as it relates to review of bid documents, subcontract bids and recommendations and the coordination of contract activities.
- Supervise the development of schedules, monitor construction progress through the earned value system, and initiate action to assure schedules are met and work is performed within budget.
- Prepare the monthly construction progress and special reports as required.
- Review construction cost estimates, including allowances, to ensure the estimate accuracy in reflection of the project scope.
- Ensure that construction issues are addressed through all phases of the project lifecycle
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) highly preferred
- Must have 5+ years of relevant construction management experience on capital construction projects.
- Experience with semiconductor, cGMP or pharmaceutical facilities
- Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess strong project background and understanding of building construction.
- Experience with the MS Office and Windows Suite of Software
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Strong scheduling and budget management skills.
Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field.