Join a team of dreamers and revolutionaries who are focused on democratizing access to genetic analysis, thereby accelerating the pace of scientific discovery. We are redefining an industry and the possibilities are endless.
We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We value grit, learning agility, customer obsession and teamwork.
About the job
The System Integration team at Element Biosciences is centered at the interface of technology and product development, evaluation, and optimization. Builders at heart, we take a product-centered view of development consistently bettering what we touch through iterative rounds of evaluation and improvement. This role will be responsible for key integration activities including running experiments cross-functionally, designing and executing component- and system-level tests and simplifying product workflows. While supported by teams of experts, the ideal candidate is a generalist at-heart and be comfortable learning and working in diverse disciplines including hardware, software, molecular biology and biochemistry. Your efforts will significantly contribute to a suite of products and improvements that will help shape the future of biology and change how we evaluate and measure both health and disease.
- Collaborate with functional teams to understand processes contributing to system-level performance and provide feedback for improvement
- Conceive, plan, and execute experiments to objectively measure system performance including verification and validation testing
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise and design tests to understand root causes and suggest fixes
- Track and document system attributes across all stages of development utilizing best practices
- Analyze large datasets and present findings in a clear and concise format
- Provide guidance to downstream users to efficiently use prototype and production instruments
- Broad scientific knowledge including familiarity or prior experience with at least 3 of the following: electro-mechanical systems, optics, fluidics, surface chemistry, molecular biology, genomics, or image analysis
- Experimental design and interpretation of large, multivariate datasets including statistical analysis. Experience with JMP desired
- Library preparation for NGS and an understanding of primary and secondary sequencing metrics
- Strong sense of project ownership and urgency in meeting project milestones
- Prior experience troubleshooting complex instrumentation highly desired
- Minimum BS degree in chemistry, physics, molecular biology, bioengineering or similar field
- Wet and/or dry laboratory experience (1+ years)
- Desire to learn and develop professional skillsets
- Effective written and verbal cross-functional communication
- Industry experience is a plus
- Attitude to push the project forward by helping upstream and downstream collaborators
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.