DISCIPLINE: Assay Science, HTS
TITLE: RA/Senior RA
REPORTS TO: Scientist Biology
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time/Exempt
About Initial Therapeutics
Initial Therapeutics is pursuing a bold and original mission: discovering and developing a new class of small-molecule medicines designed to halt pathogenic protein formation in the earliest stages. Initial’s approach is unique and starkly differentiated from protein degradation and other interventions that recognize and tackle proteins only after they have been fully formed.
Initial Therapeutics was formed in 2020 and is currently operating in stealth mode in labs in South San Francisco, with a substantial (8- figure) Series A commitment. Initial is founded by world-renowned scientists who bring relevant expertise and proprietary technology to enable them to address high-confidence, heretofore difficult-to-drug targets in cancer and neurodegeneration. Screening of proprietary libraries is in progress.
Initial Therapeutics is founder-led and offers a dynamic start-up environment with a close-knit team of highly skilled, mission-driven professionals. We seek colleagues who are inspired to push the boundaries of small molecule discovery using novel approaches and who excel at identifying innovative solutions to challenging problems.
At Initial Therapeutics you’ll find a career where every day brings you adventures, challenges, and breakthroughs. Join a dynamic, diverse and growing team dedicated to developing transformative therapies that will revolutionize the future of cancer treatment and outcomes. Initial offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Position Summary and Scope
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate or Senior Research Associate to support our small molecule lead discovery efforts. This individual will be responsible for performing low to medium throughput cellular assays, assisting with small molecule compound management, and supporting screening platform development.
- B.S., or M.S. (Title will be commensurate) in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry with 3-5 years of work experience preferably in drug discovery research.
- Experience with conducting low to medium throughput cell-based assays.
- Experience with small molecule compound management a plus.
- Experience with robotics, liquid handling a plus.
- Laboratory experience with a variety of techniques in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry such as mammalian cell culture, transient and stable transfection, Western blot, ELISA assays, etc.
- Ensure accurate and consistent recording of experimental methods, materials and results.
- Analyze experimental results, form conclusions, and recommend future experiments.
- Prepare written reports and presentations summarizing experimental and project status.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as needed.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
If you want to stand out, please provide a cover letter hi-lighting your relevant qualifications.