Regional Hematology Manager
New York Region
Omeros is currently recruiting a Regional Hematology Manager for the New York Region to join our Launch Team of dynamic sales professionals. Reporting to the Regional Business Director, Blood & Marrow Transplant, East, you will primarily call upon Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (HSCT) Centers and their affiliated health care professionals in this assigned geographic territory which includes New York City, Long Island, Westchester County, and Albany.
About Omeros Corporation
Omeros is an innovative biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market and orphan indications targeting inflammation, immunologic diseases (e.g., complement-mediated diseases) and cancers. Omeros’ lead MASP-2 inhibitor narsoplimab targets the lectin pathway of complement and is the subject of a biologics license application pending before FDA for the treatment of hematopoietic stem cell transplant-associated thrombotic microangiopathy. Narsoplimab is also in multiple late-stage clinical development programs focused on other complement-mediated disorders, including IgA nephropathy, atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome and COVID-19. OMS906, Omeros’ inhibitor of MASP-3, the key activator of the alternative pathway of complement, is in a Phase 1 clinical trial. For more information about Omeros and its programs, visit www.omeros.com.
Come be a part of Omeros, come join our Sales Team!
What are your job responsibilities?
- Responsible for managing the business within a specific geographical territory area
- Responsible for disease state awareness materials and educating customers on the signs and symptoms of thrombotic microangiopathy (TMA) as it relates to HSCT patients in their targeted institutions
- Participate in and help create pre-launch strategies that will be used to ensure a successful launch of a product currently under review by the FDA for the treatment of HSCT-TMA
- Pending FDA approval, this individual will be responsible for educating customers on a monoclonal antibody used to treat HSCT-TMA in targeted hospitals that are located across the assigned territory with a focus on the following departments: HSCT physicians, hematologists, nephrologists, nurses, and pharmacists
- Some responsibilities as it relates to the reimbursement and access of the product and will call on Pharmacy directors, social workers and others related to ensuring the access and distribution of the product
- Execute on the National sales and marketing strategy and create a territory business plan to maximize opportunity
- Work in partnership with home office personnel, the Brand team and the National and Corporate account teams for pull-through of product sales
- Responsible for running the business by analyzing account and physician sales data and creating territory tactical plans and providing solutions to grow the business
- Experience in and knowledge of Microsoft applications as well as Veeva CRM in order to track call activity and sales progress
- Maintain Company and Industry Compliance Rules
What education and experience do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a concentration in the life sciences or healthcare field preferred; MBA or an advanced degree is preferred
- 10 years of sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with a minimum of 5 years of rare disease or orphan disease territory management experience; experience in hematology and especially HSCT is also a plus
- Other experience in a commercial function such as operations, sales training or marketing, with increasing responsibility, is preferred
- Launch experience is required with a demonstrated track record of success
- Specialty experience is required, oncology and hematology experience preferred
- Experience working with major Blood and Marrow Transplant Centers and the key opinion leaders within those centers
What skills and knowledge does our ideal candidate have?
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the medical industry (Pharmaceutical, Hospital, Specialty Pharmacy, Biologics/Biotech)
- Familiarity with adding products to Hospital Formularies
- Knowledge of products used in the HSCT arena (Chemotherapy, radiation, supportive care products) is preferred
- Documented, consistent, above-average performance in prior sales positions
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities
- Above average proficiency with basic technology tools (e.g. Microsoft Office products, Veeva CRM, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers, and subordinates
What else do you need to know?
- You will be expected to work remotely from your assigned region
- Must have the ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites
- Overnight and weekend travel is required and may vary depending on individual territory size, customer locations and business needs; exact amount of travel required is based on territory customer locations
- Ability to attend sales meetings at off-site locations
- Consideration for this position requires a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Must reside in assigned territory
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.