(Nasdaq: PLSE) is a novel bioelectric medicine company committed to health innovation that has the potential to improve the quality of life for patients. The Company’s proprietary Nano-Pulse Stimulation (NPS) technology delivers nano-second pulses of electrical energy to non-thermally clear cells while sparing adjacent non-cellular tissue. The CellFX® System is the first commercial product to harness the distinctive advantages of NPS technology to treat a variety of conditions for which an optimal solution remains unfulfilled.
At Pulse, we:
- Exist to make a positive difference in the lives of patients, physicians, healthcare providers, shareholders and our Pulse Biosciences team members.
- Take pride in hiring the best and brightest minds to our world-class company.
- Are individuals who are creative, forward-thinking, and who approach challenges with an innovative attitude that will excel in our culture.
About the Role
As the Principal Electrical Engineer for Systems Design, you will be responsible for developing analog and digital circuits and embedded systems to generate, monitor, and control fast (10ns to 500ns), high-voltage (1kV-20kV) pulses for medical applications. You will own the system as a whole, helping develop hardware for new applications, and driving safety (60601) testing determining root-cause and resolving issues in complex high-voltage electro-mechanical systems. You will play a lead and critical role in an early-stage startup environment taking concepts from early ideas and prototypes to volume production, working closely with a multi-disciplinary team for system integration, and manage vendors and contract manufacturers.
You will make an impact by:
- Oversees our current medical device (complex high-voltage analog / digital system) to help determine root cause, troubleshoot and resolve issues in complex high-voltage electro-mechanical systems.
- You will own and drive Medical Electrical Safety and EMC standards and testing (IEC 60601-1, IEC 60601-1-2).
- Designing, developing, documenting, and testing analog circuits, embedded control, and sensors for high-voltage nanosecond-pulse generators.
- Coordinating projects with cross-functional teams following Design Control processes, including creating requirements and specifications, design documentation, test protocols and reports, assembly instructions, and ensuring a smooth transition of new products from white board to compliance certification and into manufacturing.
- Performing printed circuit board bring-up and writing Python code to test circuit board assemblies and systems gives you a sense of purpose!
To be successful, you will bring:
- BS or MS in electrical engineering required.
- 10+ years’ experience in product development, with at least 5 years in medical device industry required.
- Extensive analog and high-speed circuit and systems design expertise.
- Experience with design and testing of high-frequency active and passive circuits and analog signal conditioning, transmission lines and lumped filters, impedance matching, and design for EMC.
- Experience with ECAD and simulation applications, such as OrCAD, Altium, Eagle, SPICE, ADS, Sonnet, Microwave Office, etc.
- Python programming experience in the realm of testing circuits.
- Experience in development of high-voltage RF or fast-pulse systems in a startup environment is an asset!
- Experience with embedded controllers. Background in MCU firmware development for data acquisition and control is a big plus.
- Experience in regulated industries (medical, industrial, automotive, etc.), interaction with safety or EMC compliance labs, and product verification and validation are also huge assets!
- Purposeful and rewarding work collaborating with bright and curious minds!
- Learning culture focusing on professional and personal growth and development that you can only get in a startup-like environment!
- A variety of health insurance plans and supplemental insurance options.
- 401k retirement savings plan.
- Stock options awards and ESPP program.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, and flexible work schedule.
- Wellness program with free onsite gym, mindfulness classes and activities.
- A commitment to providing a respectful work environment to our diverse workforce.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Pulse Biosciences currently maintains a policy requiring all United States-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with applicable law, Pulse Biosciences will consider reasonable accommodations to employees who qualify as required under federal, state and local law where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, California. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Principals only; unsolicited candidate submissions from recruiters or third-party agencies will be considered free referrals.