The Installation Engineer performs installations of RefleXion’s breakthrough radiation therapy technology at customer sites. The Installation Engineer is to be proficient with hands-on equipment assembly and test. The Senior Installation Engineer interacts with the various customer stakeholders and RefleXion resources with the highest level of professionalism and competence.
- Lead a team of installers and contributors in an efficient and effective manner to complete all installation activities
- Be able to perform hardware upgrade and software installation activities.
- Contribute to the establishment and improvement of all released installation procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment during installations, utilizing additional support, as necessary.
- Coordinate with customer stakeholders such as project managers, construction contractors, physicists, etc., as well as RefleXion resources to provide a seamless installation experience.
- Always ensure customer satisfaction through proactive and responsive communication and actions.
- Record detailed installation reports and documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback for improvement opportunities in the installation process or product to Installation management and Engineering.
- Follow all RefleXion and customer safety policies and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in electronics or an engineering discipline. (Bachelors Preferred)
- 3+ years of hardware installation experience with similar equipment, such as medical linacs or diagnostic equipment (CT or MRI scanners).
- Experience in a compliance-oriented and highly regulated environment; FDA Quality System Regulation (QSR) preferred.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on complex electro-mechanical devices, using highly sophisticated software, at clinical sites.
- Proficient in the use of test equipment and hand tools including oscilloscopes, multi-meters and electrical safety testers.
- Good computer and software skills, such as working knowledge of MS Windows and Linux operating systems and control systems networking. Ability to learn new software tools quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Critical thinking skills and proactive problem solver.
- Skilled at building strong relationships with customers through effective communication, professionalism and resolution of issues.
- Must be prepared to travel extensively (75%) throughout the US
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- Electric car charging stations on site