As the Senior IT Business Analyst - Operations, you will provide support, guidance, and strategic direction to the IT department by using your deep knowledge of ERP best practices and senior-level business acumen. You are a good fit for this role if you enjoy a fast-paced environment and have a passion for aligning system functionality/capabilities with the needs of the business. You will work directly with business leaders to define and implement new business processes. Your primary focus will be supporting NetSuite, but you will also be involved with supporting projects that span our PLM, MES, and CRM systems. You will report to the Sr. Mgr. Business Systems and reside in our new state of the art facility in the Sorrento Valley region of San Diego, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the core IT team supporting business systems at Element Biosciences.
At Element, we are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics at an unprecedented level of quality, flexibility, and cost effectiveness to vastly accelerate biological understanding and the improvement of healthcare. We have built a customer-focused, product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health plans, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) – Maintenance and implementation experience in the areas of inventory management, procurement, demand/supply/production planning, MRP & DRP, logistics, WMS, and/or Quality management
- MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) - Familiarity with shop floor control systems and best practices
- PLM (Product Life Cycle Management) - Familiarity with PLM systems for the control of master data in both a research and regulated environment
- QMS (Quality Management Systems) - Familiarity with quality plans and standard terminology
- Analytics - Experience with BI concepts and industry leading visualization tools
- Business Acumen - you have an exceptional grasp of business workflows
- Vision – you know where you want the future state of your systems to be
- Planning – you can lay out a clear plan and breakdown work products
- Leadership – you enjoy leading discussions about systems and process with accounting, finance, manufacturing, quality, and supply chain
- Vendor Management – you can manage consultants and vendors, including delegating work and checking quality of work
- ERP Experience – you have experience rolling out new system functionality and end-to-end implementation, particularly where you had a significant leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or commiserate work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional business experience with a career progression that demonstrates increasing IT responsibilities
- Minimum of 3+ years hands-on experience with ERPs, including system integrations, customizations, and data migration
- Ability to coordinate, communicate, and manage at all levels of the organization as well as with external vendors
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Agile, RACI, SWAT, etc.
- Professional certificates are a strong plus (ex. CSCP-Certified Supply Chain Professional), APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society)
- Experience in NetSuite
- Experience in a regulated environment – SOX, 21CFR11, GDPR, etc.