HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
2023 Engineering Undergraduate Summer InternshipLive
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this program, you will work closely with a team of Amgens Engineers that support one of the following areas:
- Engineering Technical Authority
- Global Capital Project Management
- Project Controls and Strategy
- Global Facilities Operations
- Environmental Health, Safety, and Sustainability
- Strategic Planning & Operations
This 10 12 week internship program offers meaningful project and operational experiences with the worlds leading biotechnology company.Key responsibilities include:
- Work with project design teams and expert Engineers to craft, develop, and support engineering project development, plans, standards, and equipment selection.
- Support the Engineering assessments, technical feasibility, and lifecycle impact, and cost analysis of potential Engineering projects
- Supporting the development and implementation of strategic Engineering projects and goals, including business case development
- Research project scopes and Engineering processes to identify improvement initiatives and new innovative technology
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Environmental Sustainability Engineering intern we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for an internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelors Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full-time Bachelors degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Mathematics and/or Statistics
- Desire to learn and support engineering principles and analyses to support project justification, design, development, and capital planning
- Ability to lead and deliver results in an interactive matrixed environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, relationship building, and leadership skills
- Experience with general office software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to manage time efficiently and work with minimum supervision
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Please search for Keyword R-151616
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.