What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will build groundbreaking scientific applications with modern technology stacks that will be used by our research partners to drive Amgens innovation in drug discovery. The outstanding candidate will join our dedicated Research Informatics team to deliver solutions by demonstrating standard processes in Agile and DevOps. This Software Engineer supports our Research partners by designing and implementing Digital, Technology & Innovation solutions for Discovery through Clinical stages of drug discovery & development.
Our success in informatics is inspired by our commitment to our patients and to our business partners. We develop, integrate, and maintain technologies that deliver critical business value. Further, we at Amgen are building upon our long-term commitment to patients by developing a whole new class of novel molecules and we need top talent to ensure these molecules become medicines and realize their potential for helping patients.
The Research Informatics team seeks an experienced Software Engineer to execute outcomes focused on the management and utilization of data to transform the speed of biologics discovery & development as part of the Biological Studies team, supporting automated In Vivo and In Vitro data collection and data reuse:Key Responsibilities:
The Research Informatics team seeks an experienced Software Engineer to execute outcomes focused on the management and utilization of data to transform the speed of biologics discovery & development as part of the Biological Studies team, supporting automated In Vivo and In Vitro data collection and data reuse:
- Lead technical workstreams that develop softwares in support of R&D scientific business objectives.
- Develop and expand our bioinformatics automation capabilities through support for new pipeline and algorithm integration in Amgens ecosystem.
- Design, develop and deliver high-quality, scalable, and robust software products in collaboration with product management, partners & engineering teams.
- Ensure effective design, development, and management of software products to align with security & quality standards of Amgen.
- Collaborate with scientists to evaluate and use ground breaking technologies in the industry to meet scientific business needs. Chip in to the vision & roadmap for the Research software ecosystem.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The [vital attribute] professional we seek is a [type of person] with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 2 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
- Solid foundation in modern software design and engineering practices, such as low-code in Salesforce, microservices, serverless, and containerization
- Experience in developing and supporting scientific applications or laboratory information systems
- Experience with one or more agile software development methodologies
- Strong proficiency in one or more of the following technologies:
- Mulesoft or modern API management platforms
- Java or Python programming language
- Relational databases such as Oracle or Postgres
- AWS services related to compute and storage, such as EC2, S3, Lambda, ECS and Batch
- CI/CD pipelines, such as GitLab CI/CD or Jenkins
- Demonstrated abilities to pick up scientific domain knowledge and understanding of scientists software requirements and workflows
- Experience with LIMS and scientific data collection applications including In vivo and In vitro solutions
- High learning agility, innovation, and analytical skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.