Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
- JOB SUMMARY
Lead the Engineering, Facilities, and Validation (EFV) team at a site. Serve as a member of the Site Leadership Team and provide direct management of EFV staff. Ensure that site objectives are achieved through the support of the EFV team. Deliver on site EFV objectives while implementing harmonized EFV systems and processes.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide leadership and direction to EFV team members, driving performance to the site and function operational and strategic plans
- Ensure effective execution of ongoing site EFV activities including, but not limited to, preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, and routine revalidations
- Ensure adequate resourcing (capacity and capability) to accomplish site and EFV objectives
- Drive on-going development of the EFV team and the personal development of EFV team members
- As a Site Lead Team member provide effective and collaborative cross functional leadership to facilitate development of the site strategy and delivery of site objectives
- Develop and maintain the site master plans, five year capital plans, and annual capital plans. Deliver on the site’s capital portfolio consistent with these plans.
- Implement EFV best practices and harmonization initiatives at the site as agreed with the EFV Sr Leadership team and through site’s Hoshin planning processes
- Escalate issues though site and/or function management as appropriate
- Continuously improve the culture of the EFV team and the site
- Provide input to EFV functional strategy and direction
- As necessary, participate in or coordinate strategic opportunity evaluations for the site or the EFV function
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a senior engineering capacity with a strong preference for experience in a biopharmaceutical environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leadership positions
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Highly effective verbal and written communicator at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and coordinate activities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- BS in Engineering, Science, or Management or equivalent experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE, CFM, PMP) or advanced technical or business degrees a plus
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.