The instrument manufacturing team is looking for a highly motivated and capable manufacturing engineer to support a wide range of production ramp and support activities.
- Instrument builds, troubleshooting, and process definition.
- Investigate and resolve a wide range of issues at our contract manufacturers and on our manufacturing floor (optics, robotics, SW/FW, etc.)
- Define new manufacturing processes and improve new ones
- Define and improve automated test
- Support general manufacturing processes including BOM structuring, non-conformance troubleshooting, tooling development, failure analysis and process improvements
- Maintaining and establishing ISO/FDA compliant processes.
- Support ongoing quality improvements
- Other duties as required
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience.
- Degree in engineering, computer science, or related.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a complex instrumentation manufacturing environment.
- Software familiarity: Python scripting, XML / HTML markup, Visual studio experience, C# a plus.
- Computer competency / OS familiarity: Understand network configuration / RAID setup / IPMI / BIOS; Experience working in a linux environment. Basic navigation a must, shell scripting a plus.
- Hardware familiarity: Experience working with mechanical systems, troubleshooting motion, evaluating root cause to hardware / software; PCBA familiarity, load firmware, troubleshoot signals using DMM / oscilloscope; Optomechanical troubleshooting, past laser power / alignment measurement + troubleshooting a plus.
- Effective analytical problem solving, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Be able to navigate PLM software: Understand BOM structure, Find and read cable / electrical / mechanical diagrams; Experience releasing parts or generating change orders a plus; Agile PLM software a plus.
- Ability to work independently and with little management oversight.
- Excellent communication skills (both writing and verbal).
- Ability to meet deadlines while successfully managing several projects in parallel.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 Quality Management System (QMS) and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://email@example.com for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on: