Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director, Accounting. The position reports to the Corporate Controller.
The Director, Accounting will serve as an integral business partner to the senior leadership team and play an active and critical role in leading and building the accounting, payroll, equity administration and potentially accounting operations team. This individual will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the ledger ensuring SOX 404B compliance, managing the accounting close and consolidation process, collaboration accounting of Myovant’s partnership with alliance partner, and assisting with reporting requirements to Myovant’s majority shareholder. The position will interact with all levels of management as well as with external consultants, other vendors and the internal and external auditors. The ideal candidate has recent public company experience in mature commercial environments within the biotech/pharma industry and has experience in accounting for collaboration arrangements as well as public accounting experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct oversight and management of accounting team, including reviewing deliverables such as journal entries and account reconciliations, training, and mentor each of the team members to accelerate their professional development plans.
- Oversee payroll and equity administration team, including reviewing and approving payrolls, option/RSU transactions, and compensation related journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations for areas of assigned responsibility.
- Organize and manage monthly, quarterly and annual close procedures and overall execution of accounting and finance protocols, strategy, and timelines to ensure a timely close while maintaining accuracy and adherence to SOX 404B internal control standards.
- Establish and maintain processes to account for cost sharing with collaboration partners. Work closely with finance and business partners to ensure that collaboration agreements are appropriately accounted for under U.S. GAAP.
- Review contracts including contract manufacturing and commercial contracts for accounting implications and prepare contract summaries for relevant accounting considerations.
- Assist in researching complex accounting issues and implementation of procedures to ensure that transactions are properly recorded under U.S. GAAP.
- Represent function and actively participate / assist with continuous optimization of SAP and other financial applications.
- Key point of contact for Myovant’s majority shareholder for accounting related matters, including preparing and presenting financial results to majority shareholder.
- Collaborate with business partners in FP&A, Procurement, and Accounts Payable to ensure that purchase orders and invoices are assigned to the appropriate departments/projects.
- Recommend and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures as well as systems and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting close and other finance operations.
- Prepare and review workpapers and ensuring PBC schedules are prepared accurately and timely.
- Perform other related duties and ad-hoc projects when assigned.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required. Active CPA license is preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience. A combination of public accounting and commercial-stage biotechnology/ pharma industry experience is required. Recent public company experience as Associate Director/Director (or equivalent position) is required.
- Recent experience in a 404B compliant environment is required.
- Experience accounting for collaboration and cost sharing arrangements within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred.
- Demonstrate communication and collaboration skills with an ability to manage and influence stakeholders in a matrix environment effectively
- Exercise good judgment and make decision that is appropriate for the organization
- Results-driven, take initiative and ownership to accomplish work
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and embrace change in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- Strive for continuous improvement and embrace innovative ideas in daily work
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements and experience managing external and internal audit activities.
- Thought leader with track record to formulate and integrate functional strategies with corporate objectives and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- High degree of organizational awareness, ability to connect the dots to understand all the interdependency and big picture to drive process improvements
- Advanced excel skills required.
- SAP experience highly preferred.
The well-being and safety of our employees is our top priority. Myovant Sciences strongly encourages all employee to get vaccinated, if eligible, however Myovant Sciences is not requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity