Senior Product Analyst
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease.
To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
Join our growing team and play a key role in shaping and organizing the culture of efficiency within the clinical laboratory and broader operation. We are looking for a motivated, experienced Senior Product Analyst to help the team deliver our ground-breaking Laboratory Information System platform. You will work cross-functionally across the organization to elicit requirements from end users, determine workflow solutions, and codify them into requirements that will enable the development of our LIMS system. You will support end users as they use the system and build out an efficient foundational laboratory information system and integration with other supporting lab systems, including Automation, CRM, and ERP.
- Gather business and technical requirements while working closely with the Clinical Laboratory, Development, and Engineering teams
- Write, update, and contribute to the development of existing and upcoming informatics systems processes and procedures.
- Define, author, and drive the execution of system testing and validation
- Develop system and user workflows for laboratory procedures that interact with informatics systems
- Bring your knowledge of industry best practices and regulatory requirements to drive departmental improvements.
- Partner with end users to resolve bugs and errors as they arise during sample processing and improve the support tracking process
Your background, perspective and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in the life sciences, information technology, computer science, or closely related field
- Experience working with LIMS systems with a high-level understanding of clinical laboratory workflows
- At least six years of experience gathering user and technical requirements in a clinical laboratory or hospital laboratory environment
- Experience leading LIMS, Informatics, or closely related process improvement project from inception through to completion
- Experience working in a regulated environment: CLIA, ISO, FDA with an understanding of related requirements
- Knowledge of the design, development, and application of technology and systems to meet lab needs
- Experience in Agile and or Scrum development, prior use of JIRA or related technologies.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, experience leading meetings, and driving decisions forward.
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
# # #
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.