Associate Director, Information Security
- Nektar Therapeutics
- San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Oct 12, 2022
- Information Technology, Information/Data Security
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
Reporting to the Vice President of Information Technology, this position will work closely with the IT organization to continue to evolve Nektar’s cybersecurity systems, processes and procedures. As Associate Director of Security Operations, you will have the responsibility of leading the partnership between Nektar and our XDR firm to ensure the ongoing security of the enterprise, as well as direct management of Nektar’s other security systems, providing you the opportunity to learn new tools and technology while drawing on your strengths as a technology leader to help develop and drive the execution of the Security Operations strategy. If you’re a collaborative, driven a self-starter and passionate about security, leadership, and enjoy solving complex problems, we want you to join our team. This position contributes to and supports the company's research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
Here is what you will be doing:
- You will be working on issues of diverse to complex scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors. You will be exercising your judgment within the generally defined practices and policies related to information security to selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Nektar will be relying on you to implement the appropriate policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. We will expect you to adhere to budgets, schedule, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Manage security operations for a global, hybrid, multi-cloud, development stage biotechnology company preparing for commercialization resulting in a period of high growth, expansion and change.
- Partner with the VP of IT and the IT Leadership on the creation and implementation of the cybersecurity operations technology roadmap that will enable you to define and scale and support the company through the next period of transformation
- Identify and implement processes and tools to improve the automation and efficiency of monitoring, detection, and response to threats and incidents
- Establish threat-based monitoring and detection to ensure appropriate visibility to global business functions and make data-driven, risk-based decisions for response and remediation
- Lead and coordinate security investigations to closure including implementation of appropriate remediation measures to reduce risk of future exploitation
- Lead or assist the Crisis Management Team during significant incidents/crises
- Establish appropriate standards, direct implementation, and identify and respond to information and security related incidents
- Identify staffing and skillset needs to ensure the SOC can continue to deliver value in support of the larger corporate initiatives
- Identify and drive improvements to cybersecurity and business resilience
- Foster working relationships with divisional/subsidiary business and IT customers to deliver value to the business
- Provide relevant and actionable reporting to stakeholders and executive management.
- Collaborate with industry and partner organizations to identify threat trends and best practices
- Own and manages all security specific vendor relationships.
- Develop the annual budget for the security group, including capital projects.
- Participates in regulatory inspections and internal audits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Management Information Systems or relevant discipline is required. An MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science or other business-related discipline is preferred. Equivalent experience may be accepted.
- Experience driving automation in cloud, hybrid environments and Operational Technology environments.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a multidiscipline environment is preferred.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Ability to act as a strategist and champion for security; paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to act
- High level of credibility, with an accomplished background in security, in a variety of industries
- Ability to build and develop the appropriate team that delivers on key objectives and navigates the security landscape
- Ability to build constructive relationships with diverse groups of people, including internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with legal, risk, and audit teams to ensure strong cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A commitment to customer service excellence
- Ability to drive results and champions change
- Must demonstrate excellent skills in areas of leadership, teamwork, planning/scheduling, problem analysis/resolution and document management are required.
- Must be able to adhere to strict project timelines and budgets, and to advise teams and management of impacts and changes to project time-lines resources and budgets
Nektar Therapeutics is a research-based development stage biopharmaceutical company that discovers and develops innovative medicines in areas of high unmet medical need. Our R&D pipeline of new investigational drugs includes treatments for cancer and auto-immune disease. We leverage Nektar's proprietary and proven chemistry platform in the discovery and design of our new drug candidates. Our success is rooted in four key elements: our track record reflected by a portfolio of successful approved medicines which emanated from our chemistry platform and are made available globally by our pharmaceutical partners, our unique research and development pipeline of new investigational medicines in cancer and immunology, our proprietary and proven science and technology approach that fuels our discovery efforts and our team of dedicated scientists, clinicians and employees focused on bringing new medicines to patients with debilitating diseases.
Stock Symbol: NKTR
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
455 Mission Bay Blvd South
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert