Pacific Biosciences seeks a talented, driven, and experienced system integration engineer to join the System Integration Team. The ideal candidate will have a background in a physical science discipline, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of experience integrating and using complex instrumentation in a biotech field. The candidate will be responsible for integrating and testing all aspects of the system including hardware, software, and consumables.
- Ability to lead and participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution across the spectrum of systems engineering and integration activities
- Support prototype module builds and provide feedback for module level testing
- Integration of hardware/software, electronics, micro-fluidic and opto-mechanical modules into a system level instrument
- Develop and execute test plans to verify the hardware, software, and system performance
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Degree in a physical science, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent with related field
- Experience with integration and testing of complex mechanical instruments is a must
- Excellent troubleshooting and data analysis skills
- Experience in all phases of the product development cycle from basic research, development, manufacturing, and field support, preferred
- DNA Sequencing experience is a plus
- Knowledge of scripting languages is a plus
- Software QA experience is a plus
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://email@example.com for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on: