Pacific Biosciences is looking for an experienced staff electrical engineer to design and implement electronic subsystems for our next-generation SMRT sequencing instruments. This person will work with Systems Architects and other Engineers to understand and refine requirements, document and champion hardware options, drive interdisciplinary design reviews, and implement solutions from an optimal blend of off-the-shelf and custom components. This person should be comfortable implementing complex mixed analog & digital circuit boards, as well as FPGA designs.
The successful candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills and excel in effective collaboration with mechanical, optical, software, manufacturing, and systems subject matter experts within the department as well as program management. The candidate must feel comfortable inspiring and leading through innovation and discovery.
Ideally, the candidate has experience with semiconductor capital equipment, laboratory instruments, or similar products.
- Present and champion compelling solutions to both business and technical audiences.
- Explore technology trends and their applicability to Pacific Biosciences next generation products.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Systems Engineering, Optical, Mechanical and System Integration teams to refine hardware requirements.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to understand product needs and implement solutions that meet business goals for quality, schedule, and cost.
- Design and implementation of complex mixed analog and digital custom circuit board, including programmable logic.
- Transition deliverables to mass production in collaboration with manufacturing NPI.
- Collaborate with manufacturing on product sustaining activities.
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Degreein Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Possess an analytical mindset and extensive experience with electronic and FPGA design.
- Experience architecting and implementing complex high performance embedded systems.
- Demonstrated competency in electronics and computer architecture and transitioning products to manufacturing.
- Familiarity with High Performance Compute (HPC) architectures is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, a strong team player, able to take initiative, detail-oriented, and able to work effectively as part of a strong hardware team. Thrives in a fast-paced environment, interacting with scientists and engineers from a variety of disciplines.
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on: