We’re seeking an Enterprise Data Engineer to fill a temporary-to-permanent position and join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. WaterMap, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Data team, you’ll play a critical role in the administration and improvement of our corporate data management system.
Who will love this job:
- A data engineer with meaningful architecture experience
- A creative problem-solver with an attention to detail
- An excellent team player who wants to make a sizable impact working on a small, dedicated department
- A lifelong student who’s eager to learn new and varied technologies and business processes on the job
- A humanitarian who cares deeply about improving human health
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership towards architecting and delivering end to end solutions
- Work with business partners for prioritization, impact assessment, and resolution
- Collaborate with other teams for multi-functional initiatives
- Design and build reusable components, frameworks and libraries at scale to support analytics products
- Devise and implement product features in collaboration with business and technology partners
- Develop architecture and design patterns to process and store high volume data sets
- Identify and tackle issues concerning data management to improve data quality
- Collaborate on the implementation of new data management projects and re-structure of the current data architecture
- Build continuous integration, test-driven development and production deployment frameworks
- Tackle data issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve product and operational issues
What you should have:
Pay and perks:
- At least four years of relevant experience, with detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT, and reporting/analytic tools
- At least three years of experience in cloud environments like AWS
- Experience developing custom features and solutions for ERP/CRM systems in similar roles, especially using Apex in Salesforce
- Understanding of relational and non-relational SQL
- Familiarity with building real-time streaming data pipelines
- Background in pub/sub modes like Kafka
- Experience in building lambda, kappa, microservice and batch architecture
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes and source control tools such as GitHub and related dev processes
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Salesforce Lightning is a major plus
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.