Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women's health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Payroll Specialist/Senior Payroll Specialist. The location of the position is onsite in Brisbane, CA.
As a member of the payroll team, this individual will be responsible for processing and recording of company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, and participate in daily data entry Payroll processing. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process the semi-monthly US payroll and monthly international payroll, including maintenance of Payroll and Timekeeping system configurations, payroll preparation and all logistical aspects of delivering an accurate payroll.
- Analyze and review payroll data, tax withholding and benefit deductions, handle quality control and auditing to ensure the accuracy.
- Prepare payroll journal entries and perform reconciliations for all payroll-related general ledger accounts and investigate variances.
- Represent own function to conduct new hire orientation for new hires.
- Prepare monthly or quarterly accounting entries for equity related transactions
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits and multi-state jurisdiction tax withholding.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.).
- Collaborate with Human Resources Operations team for payroll related matters such as new hires, terminations, change of status, and benefits.
- Point of contact to address employees’ inquiries concerning payroll deductions and accruals, wage garnishments, preparation of manual checks, and employment verifications.
- Perform routine audits of payroll and benefits data and support audits by benefits providers.
- Maintain compliance of payroll processes within SOX guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- B.A. degree with a minimum of 7+ years of payroll experience in a multi-state environment
- Strong analytical skills with an intermediate experience level with Microsoft excel, including V-look up and pivot tables
- Must have ADP Workforces now experience recently
- Able to manage multiple tasks and sense the urgency prioritize
- knowledge of accounting principles (US GAAP) and experience in payroll accounting (GL entries and account reconciliations)
- Ability to handle highly confidential information is essential
- Ability to multi-task in high growth environment and in a calmly manner
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with excellent service mindset
- Ability to work independently and collaborate well with all stakeholders
The well-being and safety of our employees is our top priority. Myovant Sciences strongly encourages all employee to get vaccinated, if eligible, however Myovant Sciences is not requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity