GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL processes patient blood samples in laboratories to detect cancer and will significantly expand its commercial operations both in the US and abroad over the coming years. The GRAIL LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) is an internally developed platform that functions as a system of record for laboratory operations and manages complex lab workflows for our commercial products (eg Galleri) and core studies (CCGA, Pathfinder, NHS-Galleri, etc),
As a Senior Software Engineer for the LIMS platform team, you will play an important role to help evolve this platform to meet our growing needs. You will be joining a fast paced, high impact group and apply your skills to develop platform services for the lab. Your work will directly support the processing of GRAIL’s multi-cancer early detection blood test. What You'll Do:
Who You Are:
- Work within a full-stack team of engineers to add new, performant features to the LIMS platform.
- Take ownership of the features you build and be a valuable team player
- Collaborate and lead technical discussions within the team
- Support the operations teams that use the system you build through on-call rotations
- Interact with cross functional teams (Product, Lab Operations etc) to drive innovation and deliver for our customers
- A love of programming, curiosity and drive to constantly improve and learn new things
- A commitment and passion for technical excellence and quality
- 2+ years of relevant work experience building scalable, well architected, production ready solutions that require a mix of frontend and backend skills
- Experience with writing automated tests as part of your development workflow
- Deep experience in any object oriented language and a willingness to learn
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Please apply if you feel you are a good fit even if you do not meet all the requirements. You will use/learn to use the following technologies/frameworks as part of this position - TypeScript React, NodeJS,GOLang server supporting REST, RPC, and GraphQL APIs, MySQL, Python, AWS and Kubernetes.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.