GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL processes patient blood samples in laboratories to detect cancer and will significantly expand its commercial operations both in the US and abroad over the coming years. The GRAIL LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) is an internally developed platform that functions as a system of record for laboratory operations and manages complex lab workflows for our commercial products (eg Galleri) and core studies (CCGA, Pathfinder, NHS-Galleri, etc),
As a Staff Software Engineer for the LIMS platform team, you will be essential in helping evolve our platform to meet the growing needs of the lab. You will be a key voice in crafting the direction of the platform and will be encouraged to drive forward solutions that allow us to scale and grow optimally. Your work will directly support the processing of GRAIL’s multi-cancer early detection blood test. You will be joining a fast paced, high impact group and apply new technologies and approaches to define, identify, develop, and maintain platform services for the lab.What You'll Do:
Who You Are:
- Setting the technical direction and providing engineering leadership to the team.
- Drive the delivery to production of robust and efficient regulated software that meets Grail’s needs as we rapidly scale
- Collaborating with interdisciplinary teams (Pipeline, Lab Operations, Product) etc to deliver on complex domain problems
- Taking ownership of the features you build and be a core team player
- Collaborating and leading technical discussions within the team
- Supporting the operations teams that use the system you build through on-call rotations.
- Providing technical mentoring to software engineers helping them to rapidly grow in their careers.
- A passion towards your craft and a deep commitment to technical excellence and quality
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate and convey complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- 10+ years of work experience designing, developing, testing and maintaining a software system as a contributor within a larger software team
- Experience building cloud based, highly scalable systemsExcellent logical reasoning and analytical skills
- The tech stack used includes the following technologies/frameworks - TypeScript React, NodeJS,GOLang server supporting REST, RPC, and GraphQL APIs, MySQL, Python, AWS and Kubernetes.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.